Left holding the "baby" General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Left holding the "baby"

There was a small child holding onto a humungous black dog blocking the entrance to the macolet this morning, so I politely asked if he could move so I could go in.

Next thing I knew he pushed the leash into my hands and rushed inside to find someone [turned out to be his slightly older brother] and I was left stuck holding onto this very large Bullmastiff, which totally ignored me and refused to move. :eek:

So while these two little boys, about 4 and 7 years old, enjoyed themselves collecting bits and pieces inside, I was stuck outside hanging onto this dog and hoping it did not try run off, as there was no way I would have been able to hold onto it. Luckily they eventually came out, took the leash from me and went back to where they had come from.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Bullmastiffs don't come in black. Perhaps you were left with a Neapolitan Mastiff. Either way, glad all is well.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Myra - I did not know what it was except it was black and huge, so pulled up Bullmastiffs on Google Images and it was exactly the shape of those. I have just looked at pictures of Neapolitans and do not think it was one as it was not jowly. Whatever it was, and it was definitely a Mastiff, it scared the wotsit out of me as I have always been frightened of big dogs, and this dog was really big.

Anyhow, with now both her [it was a bitch when I looked] and me sitting on Xanadu in front of the entrance we were both now blocking it, so asked her to move and got a blank look. So I gingerly put out a hand and patted her lightly on her humungous head. Total blank. Asked her to sit. Nothing. Lightly patted her on her back. Nothing.

I really was scared and was shaking by the time I got into the macolet after the children came out and took her away, and the girl working there went to get me a drink of water as she said I looked like I was going to pass out! :oops:
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Who in their right mind thinks two young children those sort of ages can be responsible for a large dog

Unfortunately their are irresponsible owners the World over :(
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Aww I didn't know you were scared of big dogs... Makes sense that you wanted to get outta there. I like big dogs, though I don't wish to own one. But yeah its definitely weird that the kids had such a big dog.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I did not realise at the time that it was the so-called watch dog that belongs to the people who have rented the big house next door since my neighbour went to live with one of her brothers. They have been here maybe two years now, if that, but nobody ever sees them and they do not talk to anyone, and having only seen the boys, before they moved in, did not recognise them. The older two and now the younger one, go to a boarding Orthodox Yeshiva and do not even come home every weekend. Recently baby #4 arrived, another boy, but has never been seen by anyone.

The dog is tied up somewhere outside where she cannot see out but frequently barks with such a loud deep bark at odd times during the day which sets Tikva off, and they had the bdooly gall to complain to our landlord that Tikki was setting their dog off. So what about their dog barking and waking me during the night?

She is never taken out for walks but has a habit of getting loose and wandering about, including down my path and leaping at Tikki, who of course is on her tether. Or she runs across the road, ignoring the cars, trucks and tractors, going onto the childrens' play area - backwards and forwards.

I had never seen her close up so I did not realise it was her or how huge she actually is. When I have seen her on my path I was either wearing my computer spectacles which blur everything more than a metre away, or no spectacles at all, so all I have seen is a large black dog, not realising how big she really is.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Wow. It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Poor, poor dog