My ears, my ears... Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Jul 19, 2019.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka and Chris B like this.
    Lol... Malone today. 0811191214a~2.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    So Malone just weighed in at 21 lbs (9.5 kg) at 13-14 weeks. Vet looked at his feet and thinks he will get quite big. Hopefully not. If so oh well. He is growing so much. I also noticed some mild tangling/matting at the base of his hairy ears... So will have to comb those now and then.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No question about it. That puppy is just too cute for words! Thanks for putting his weight in kg - after all these years pounds in weight confuse me and I have to keep trying to change them to kilograms to understand them. Malone is quite a lot heavier then Tikki now so it is easier for me to compare their weights and I reckon he is quite a bit bigger as well.

I think you have a big boy to be there!
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He really was quite bad today. He refused to let the vet look into his mouth. Kept snatching his head away. There was a bulldog at the vet that snarled at him, which he didn't like. He stiffened and all his hackles went up.

Then the vet tried to get me to buy all sorts of things. She also said that because he wasn't on time for his booster, that he will need one more. She wanted us to get some extra vaccines that I never get. She also tried to give us some flea meds that I don't need.

She also basically said any dog in this area without regular heartworm prevention will get it. Never been regular with it... Never had a problem. Don't know anybody else who has had a problem either.

Not happy today with all the services they tried to push. That is typical for this area, but this vet doesn't typically do it. She gave us more Ivermectin.

So he will return in September for his final vaccination as well as his rabies shot. She also told me that when I bring him in for that, she will tell me about what time I should neuter him. I had considered neutering him, but haven't totally decided yet... But she seemed to want to make that decision for me.

The vets here are a hard sell for sure, and I was sad to see the one single vet I trust behave this way too.. So hard to find good vets here.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    I Do Not Like Your Vet. OK so I am lucky in having a wonderful Vet and I wish everyone had someone like Ram. If you could only see how Tikki loves him when he comes here - she just has to see his car outside and she starts with excitement.

I do not think there is Heartworm here but I trusted Michal, who was Tikki's primary vet before she left, and I trust Ram about Parkworm. When Michal first told me that Parkworm had come down to this area I had no question but to have Tikki have the shot every three months. With all the stray, loose, dumped dogs around, I am not prepared to risk anything happening to her.

Neutering Malone? I think he should be done but he is far too young at the moment. I was not happy at Tikki being spayed at just six-months as both Lexi and Pereg were done three months after their first season. But Tikki never had a season and because of all the strays around Ram wanted to spay here once she had reached 6kg - and spaying a bitch is much more than neutering a dog. But I trusted Ram so agreed. And looking back, with all the unwanted and thrown away puppies, I am glad that I did.
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.
    I think I want to neuter him too... But not sure yet and definitely no time soon. Not within this year and maybe not even within the next year.

Vaccines always make him sleepy. Lol his ears always crack me up.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Aww cmon - Malone has gorgeous ears! But yes, I think he is really far too young to be neutered yet. Tikva was too young but then there was a reason for her to be spayed when she was, and it did not seem to bother her.

She has never been bothered by vaccines but then she loved Michal and she absolutely adores Ram. [I love him too!]
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    So yesterday... Our computer monitor finally died... Or so we thought. Upon removing it all today to trash, we discovered this... Clearly chewed through.

Malone has chewed through it and destroyed it. Nobody else in the house chews and that monitor is years and years old.

Of course... He's bad!!

Attached Files:

10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh booger. Only it was rats that chombled stuff here. But. I have a 19" monitor I would love to send you as my sight is not good and I now have a - I do not know - a rather large wide monitor. The other one is packed on top of a cupboard.

I think that Tikva did her fare share of eating things though but the rats destroyed more than you will ever know. Or want to know.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    We do not have any rodents due to having cats... This was 100% Malone. I did find the cord on eBay for $11 so I don't need a new monitor thankfully. I had forgotten about certain aspects of puppies. Chewing being a major one.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Did Tik chomble some stuff. But yes, I did have rats. And mice. Yeah well I live on an agricultural Moshav.

I did have Kat but I do not remember her chombling anything.

eBay is very useful at times. Took me long enough to realise that!
  13. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.

Here's a side by side today... You can see how big Malone is getting.
  14. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    I think he'll get to be about Springer Spaniel size although I may be wrong and probably am :)
  15. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    An adult weight of 45-55 lbs. That would be great! I hope you are right! Funny how dog growth rates can be so different. Nigredo was smaller than him at his age and is 90+ lbs. So if he makes it to only 55 lbs... That would be excellent.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    55 lbs [desperately changing that to kg] sounds massive to me, but far better than Nigredo's size.

I love that video of them sharing a food bowl but I think Malone had more then Nigredo did!
  17. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Such is the way of things. Malone ALWAYS gets more than Nigredo. It is okay because Nigredo needs to keep his weight down and Malone needs to grow.

Malone has such a massive bone structure that his head looks small compared to his body. His paws are big and his bones are all thick and heavy. Nothing like Nigredo was.
  18. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka and Chris B like this.

Hey.... Malones ears are trying to look normal. I hope so!! He's quite bad these days, but I just have to remember that he is barely 16 weeks old. Time and patience.
  19. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    mjfromga likes this.
    16 weeks - the time the first teeth start coming out so he'll be uncomfortable until the second set push through.

He's so cute and his coat looks excellent now
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Malone just gets more gorgeous, whatever his ears do, but then I love his ears! And as Chris said, his coat looks excellent now, so shiny. Is it as soft and silky-like as it looks?
  21. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Hes a very soft and silky dude. His ears are so soft. He still has all his milk teeth... But he should begin his second phase of teething soon. Gonna be a nightmare, I'm sure.