Can you guess what this is? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Can you guess what this is?

I have just read this...
    A "prize" for the correct guess! :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Old likes this.
    The above is a review of a skin and coat product for dogs - I would love to know what the original Korean comment really meant!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and Old like this.
    A guess. Suitable for puppies. Dachshund 8 kg, one capsule daily.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    It was "the children eat well" that amused me. I do not know what translation tool they use but some of the reviews translated from Korean for the same product are really amusing.

- I'm taking the skin and mozzarella with a cottonseed ...

- The child likes it. Eat well and be delicious. But the medicine is less.

- My kid, who is tough, eats. But it was empty.

It is not a capsule - they call it a "Soft Chew" but it is not chewy as it is a little cube and can be crumbled - Tikki just hoovers it up together with the other supplements she has. She thinks they are special treats before her supper!

[​IMG]

6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Here is another "Can you guess what this is?" - not for canine consumption this time...
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This is the Google translation from a review in Russian...

- I really liked my daughter, my son not. And the first spoon - fuu, and then this aftertaste awesome and I want to eat again and again.
  8. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Her poor son :) :) :)
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Some of the Google translations are hysterically funny - the above was understandable as it was for quinoa flakes used for a hot cereal, but some are almost impossible to understand. They do make me giggle though!

I have fun with the Hebrew translations, or should I say 'mis-translations'. All reviews are posted in the language of the reviewer and Google translate gets them wrong 99% of the time as it translates word for word [roughly] without making any sense at all. There are far better translation programs on the internet.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Another strange translation from Russian by Google:

"Each as a selection, not overheard, without any unnecessary smacks"

I am beginning to wonder how Google Translate comes up with such obviously incorrect translations. :102:
  11. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    I think it’s a recipe.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Don - I do not go looking for weird translations, I just look at reviews about things I might buy, mainly in comparing brands of the same or similar item, and some of them make me laugh. The one in message #9 "Each as a selection, not overheard, without any unnecessary smacks" was for Goji Berries. I can only assume that that meant the berries were not all stuck together and needed "smacking" to loosen them!
  13. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    I hate to admit to being so dumb. I still can’t figure how this posting business works. I was trying to answer your post about the Koreans feeding their kids dog meat. It seems a joke, but it’s not a stretch of reality, they really do like eating dogs and cats.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You should have read the next message which explained it. It was not about Koreans feeding their children dog meat but a bad translation of a review of a skin and coat product for dogs.
    @CaroleC was right when she guessed "Suitable for puppies. Dachshund 8 kg, one capsule daily." and Don, of course you are not dumb - you hit "Reply" under my post because you wanted to answer it without having read the next post.

I know what you mean about dog and cat eating not being a stretch of reality but different cultures have different views on subjects like that, much as it might horrify other people.
  15. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    CaroleC likes this.
    I am dumb. Ya’ll figured out how to use Breedia. Not me. I get confused.

Dog eating parts of the world —Yes, they do have a different culture. But to me, anyone who will torture an animal to death because they think it adds to the flavor......evil!!!