New Furniture? Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Jacks O The Hill, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Jacks O The Hill

Jacks O The Hill New Member

Name:
    Jacks O The Hill

New Furniture?

Ok. We have three Jack Russells, who given the recent wet weather, come home from our walks at our local Forestry Centre, quite muddy.
    Our existing Leather Settees are about giving up the ghost, and we're having to give serious thought to buying some new furniture.
    Whilst replacing them with two new leather settees is a no brainer, they are going to be hard on the pocket, so I was just wondering if all dog owners have leather furniture, or do any of you manage to get away with fabric?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    We bought a leather one from Dunhelm.

Best price we could find and it suits us.

They are so expensive these days. That in mind, leather it is while ever we have Rosie
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I would say it's down to the size of dog weather you get leather or not having large dogs their nails would damage leather, so I’ve always had fabric settees, covered with throws which was a pain. A few years ago we bought a ‘leather framed settee and fabric cushions with removable covers which worked out fine.
    Have to say dogs were wiped clean and towel dried before coming indoors.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    My dogs have never been allowed on my furniture. Non of my Akitas have wanted to be on couches, so that’s easy. The dogs I had before Akitas listened while I was home and when I went out I would put kitchen chairs on the couch to keep them off. They did have an outdoor couch someone gave me and they did love it.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm pleased to say that my Beags have never shown any interest in sitting on our furniture - though they will come onto our knees for half an hour's cuddle. They have two beds in each day room, and seem happy enough with those.
    The Löwchen and Cavaliers were very attracted to our furniture, but I find that toy dogs generally like to be higher, and closer to the faces of their humans. Having said that, Geordie, THE Cavalier in my life, was always on the floor, with his head resting on my foot. I couldn't go anywhere without him knowing.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka likes this.
    I must confess I loved having a cuddle with them on the settee, :) they were also allowed up on the bed, better than a hot water bottle :D
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I miss that as Tikva is not a cuddle pup, and unlike Lexi and Pereg who slept on my bed, she sleeps in her crate. The only time she will permit a cuddle is if I want a nanny nap during the afternoon, when she will come up on the bed with me.

I am not keen on leather furniture - the chair and footstool I had before I bought my [fabric] recliner were leather and it was far too hot to sit on in the summer, and icy cold in the winter.
  9. NathanJ1994

NathanJ1994 New Member

Name:
    Nathan Johnson
    me and my partner recently moved into a new house and we bought most of our stuff second hand from Facebook. Got so much stuff in amazing condition for a fraction of the price new. If you have dogs who often come home muddy this may be a better idea for you rather than spending a fortune on new stuff