Bloodlines Questions

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Snipe, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Snipe

Snipe New Member

Name:
    Howard Layhe

Bloodlines

Hi, I'm new to this site and am looking for some advice. I've previously had three Springer's (one rescue dog). By far the most intelligent and loyal was my first, Snipe. He was only ever a pet and I always regret not training him for trials. Fast forward fifteen years and I'm looking to get another one. Trouble is I'd like one with a similar temperament and nouse as Snipe. I can't find his KC papers but I'm sure his Grandfather or Great Grandfather was Gorsty Guss of Flintmountain. I seem to remember some Gruach and Bronton heritage somewhere down the line.

His Pedigree name was Jeronimo Gentle Breeze but I can't find any records. Am I expecting too much to find a breeder who uses those bloodlines or have have they long since disappeared? Am I putting too much onus on genes in the hope that certain traits are inherited?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This information is available to anyone who signs up to the Kennel Club's MyKC. You can trace the line further back - just takes patience.

Jeronimo Gentle Breeze was born 03.05.92. His sire was FT Champion Gorsty Guss of Flintmountain, who sired a staggering 140 litters between 1986 - 1997!
    Gorsty Guss's parents were FT Ch. Badgercourt Druid, and Gorsty Gruach (Stud Book 3613BQ).

Snipe's Dam was Sharry Puffin. She was by Whitlocks Rail (SB 5262BW), out of Sharry Fleur (SB 4126BU). Her litter to Guss was her only litter, and none of her bitch puppies were bred from, so that line is more likely to draw a blank.

I would say that Guss's line would be the way to go. With such a great pedigree - and so much use as a stud, (makes you wonder how he found the time or energy to become a FT Ch!), I'm sure that there will be a line to follow there.
    I would be inclined to try approaching an older member of one of the ESS FT clubs, (pick the most appropriate region), and see if they are able to add any more information.
    Good luck.
  4. Snipe

Snipe New Member

Name:
    Howard Layhe
  5. Snipe

Snipe New Member

Name:
    Howard Layhe
    CaroleC likes this.
    Carole, Thanks so much for that. All those names came flooding back. I've been trying to get info for weeks now and within an hour you've come up with all this!

I'm delighted. Thanks once again. H.