Why you should never throw sticks for the dog General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Queensland blue, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    GsdSlave likes this.

Why you should never throw sticks for the dog

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Two dogs in total that came for training died through sticks despite my inclusion of how dangerous they are in their very first lesson.

The first one got the stick rammed into her throat whilst playing in the garden with another dog and ran into the garage wall with it. The other was chasing one thrown by the owner that stuck in the ground and it impaled the roof of the dog's mouth.

They were both wonderful dogs, just coming out of puppyhood :(

Unfortunately, no matter how much you point out the dangers, there are always some owners who think they know best
  4. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Very sad to hear that Chris , yes I hope others hear the message and don’t do it .
    Like the lady in the vid said about the dog , she had been doing it for years and got away with it , and one day she almost was the one responsible for killing her own dog .
    That would be heartbreaking.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is similar to a warning page put up by someone on a discussion forum I visit, about how to safety-proof a yard or garden for a dog. [It also applies to a child, but that was not mentioned in the article quoted].

The first comment that was made by someone simply said "That is basic safety. Too bad people have to told that."
  6. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    At the moment we are playing with a kong type rubber Baton looking toy .
    We also have tied rope pull toys . the kong seems better for the pups teeth though .
    He can really pull on it hard now and I don’t think the rope ones are too great when there’s that much pressure on the teeth.