NYC Anatolian Mix Rescue

Discussion in 'Anatolian Shepherd Dog' started by Danielle Louis, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Danielle Louis

Danielle Louis New Member

Name:
    Danielle

NYC Anatolian Mix

Hello all,

I’m new here. I recently went through such a sad experience. I rescued what I believe to be an Anatolian mix (which I didn’t know upon adoption— a neighbor suggested it, all the shelter said was “large mixed breed”). After one week in the city, it was extremely clear that this sweet, loving pup was NOT going to thrive with non-stop people outside, no space, and no support for his breed needs. It was extremely difficult, but after some major discussion with a local ASPCA, it was best for me to return him to the shelter () due to behaviors I was unable to train, an injury I obtained on accident when caring for him, and especially how scary it is for him in NYC. However, I am still advocating for someone with space, experience, love, and patience to rescue this sweetheart. He is at ACC in NYC (https://www.nycacc.org/) his animal ID is: 126350. Name: Blu Bonnet. I am happy to provide more info, but if you know someone who could rescue this sweetie my heart would be full. Pics attached!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I can feel your distress, and hope that the perfect home can be found for this sweet youngster. Please don't beat yourself up for trying - you were wrongly advised. Share this post with as many US fora as you can, and I hope Blu finds his forever home quickly.
  4. Danielle Louis

Danielle Louis New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you so much for your kind words of support. This means so much!! I’ve been sharing everywhere I can