Malone today Videos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Mar 28, 2022.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Malone today

So with some work and tuning - Malone is looking pretty decent and not like a SKINNY BONE. Well defined waist but not RIBBY or sunken in. And legs and whatnot have a little muscle so he doesn't look puny.

Still acts bad tho...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    rheel287 likes this.
  4. rheel287

rheel287 New Member

Name:
    Slee
    How was he being bad? You mean on the walk? Was he to be at a heel or loose leash? He wasn't pulling, which is very nice.

He's beautiful. Bet you're a proud mama....
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Lol I forgot how extra people here can be. I have to watch my wording. He's not that bad and the walk was for him to expend a little energy, which he did.

I just am so used to Nigredo - who is a MODEL dog... that Malone's extra energy is sometimes a bit much.
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I get it. My Tornado-dog has given me a whole new perspective. But I try not to use the B A D word. Instead I say he tries to be the best dog he can be. It's not his fault he isn't perfect like Moose-dog was.
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yeah as I said - I forgot that I have to watch my wording here. It's never meant in a truly bad way.

He doesn't destroy things (except the occasional piece of paper), he would never poop or pee inside, he doesn't have aggression issues, and generally... though high energy, he is well behaved.

He isn't excellent on the leash but I can't be bothered to train him anymore because he didn't learn like Nigredo and I no longer have the energy to train dogs.

I am 32 with no children and no desire to add anymore responsibilities to my life at this point. No more dogs or cats for me for good after these go.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Now let me think where I've heard that before :)

He's gorgeous Myra.
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yes I have said that before - I do mean it this time though. It's too much with rising costs etc. Malone is doing pretty well and his vision is still holding strong for now too. He looks like we expected him to look! Weighs about 50-55 lbs.
  10. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    mjfromga and rheel287 like this.
    Just four years ago, I said "when these pets go, I'm going to stay petless for several years so I can travel. I'll then get one dog and one cat for my old age. At the time, I had a 13 year old dog, a 9 year old dog, and a 38+ year old parrot. Things were right on target.

Three years ago this May, Looney1 showed up on my porch and said he lived here. OK. Now I have an 8 month old cat. I can make it work, he can stay at a friend's when I travel.

Five months later, Looney2 showed up in my driveway. I tried to find him a home, but within a week, he and Looney1 were best mates. So now I have a 7 week old kitten added to the mix.

Two years ago, Dog-bird died. I had just bought a brand new cage for him in December. I just looked at that expensive empty cage and couldn't bear to banish it to the garage. So, I adopted 28 year old Bird.

Then two months later, both Moose-dog and Bat-dog had to be put down. I spent a couple weeks debating. Then I realized that my well thought out plan had already been sidelined. So I got Cat-dog at 6 yrs old.

A year ago February, I brought home 7 week old Tornado-dog.

Well laid plans - phooey!

I just have to find someone willing to housesit and petsit. Meanwhile I take the critters with me in the camper.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I am not home nearly as much. It isn't ideal for dogs. I am gone 12+ hours many days and I sometimes can't get someone to let my dogs out for me and it's just really begun to be a burden on me financially and mentally. I love aquatics and fish and want to expand on that hobby and move away from the mammals.
  12. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Saltwater or freshwater? My sibling did saltwater for a while.
  13. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I like freshwater. Both temperate and tropical. But my favorite types are exotic goldfish like these. This is my boy Boss. He is a calico Ryukin goldfish. 20220320_134656.jpg