Any Rytex or Badgercourt Springers out there ? Discussions

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Phil, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil

Any Rytex or Badgercourt Springers out there ?

Hi

I just wondered if any Springer Spaniel owners out there (with Pedigrees to hand) could tell me if their dogs have any 'Badgercourt' or 'Rytex' lines and if so which ones.

Thanks

Phil

PS

Fingal won the lottery and is currently writing his will :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. springergirl

springergirl New Member

Name:
    sue
    hi there,

my springer bitch has rytex in her bloodline. she was bred by the local gamekeeper. dont have her pedigree to hand cos i'm in work but i know her grandparents have the rytex pre-fix on their names. :grin:
  4. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    It would be interesting to know which Rytex she has. Especially when you're in my home town.

Phil
  5. springergirl

springergirl New Member

Name:
    sue
    i'll have a dig around and see if i can find her pedigree papers and let you know. :grin:
  6. Tigger2

Tigger2 New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Hi there
    Tigger has some Badgercourt but its great-grandparents and further back. On his mother side (sorry I dont know the correct terminology!lol) his great-grandparent was
    Black Shadow of Badgercourt of FT CH Black Ben of Badgercourt of Badgercourt Druid.

On his sires side, his great-great grandparent was Badgercout Gryphon.

Other Badgercourts mentioned are Badgercourt Ghost Fox and FT CH Badgercourt Dusty.

His sire is Edwardiana Tango of Laganmill Malvern and Toonarmy Torrent and his mother Symbol of Love of Marlborough Minstrel and Paris Match. There seem to be lots of FT CH's leading back through the generation from his sire.

Hope some of this is useful. Why doesnt it give the sex of the dogs on the pedigrees? I never know whether Im talking about a grandmom or grandpa! :lol:
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think our Lukes Springer has a bit of Badgercourt in him, he'll be along at some point, he's probably being towed doen the road about now!!
    Dawn.
  8. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    It should say either Sire or Dam in each little box. If not the sire is usually the top name of each pairing.

Anyway the names you've mentioned there....

Badgercourt Gryphon is the Great Grandad of my Spaniel 'Fingal' too !. FTCH Badgercourt Dusty was in fact Badgercourt Gryphon's mum making her Fingal's Gt Gt Grandmother !

For the record FTCH Badgercourt Dusty was from a litter between FTCH Badgercourt Susan and FTCH Rytex Rex.

What do you know !!;-)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  9. Luke

Luke New Member

Aye he has, and I was!
    Great grandfather on his dams side, FT CH Rytex Rod,
    Great great grandmother on his dams side [dam to the above], FT CH Rytex Ria
    Great Great grandfather on his dam and sire's side [i have only just noticed this!], FT CH FT CH Badgercourt Moss.

Ralph also has lots of Windmillwood in him
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  10. Luke

Luke New Member

Would the highlighted be related too FT CH Laganmill Malvern by any chance?
  11. Helen

Helen

Name:
    Helen
    Pippa is from Rytex and badgercourt lines.

Grandparents - Rytex Rod
    GGP - Rytex Ria
    Kennine Robb of Rytex
    gggp - Rytex Renne
    Badgercourt Gryphon (sp?)

Rytex Rex, Badgercourt Dusty, Rytex Rod, Badgercourt Flint of Sealpin (??), Badgercourt Druid

Helen
  12. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Seems we're all one big happy family :lol:

Badgercourt Gryphon is the Great Grandad of my Spaniel 'Fingal'. FTCH Badgercourt Dusty was in fact Badgercourt Gryphon's mum making her Fingal's Gt Gt Grandmother !

For the record FTCH Badgercourt Dusty was from a litter between FTCH Badgercourt Susan and FTCH Rytex Rex.
  13. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Check out the following link.

Badgercourt, Rytex, Quarrybrae, Bricksclose, Gorsty seem the most popular names on Fingal's papers. Can't find Beau's papers though.

http://www.smythwicks.org/doglist/b.html
  14. Tigger2

Tigger2 New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Wow, this is really interesting. (another worthwhile reason for procrastination rather than getting on with my dissertation! :smt002 )

dinners85,
    So does the fact that Rytex Rex is Badgercourt Dustys dad mean that somewhere way back there is actually Rytex in Tiggers lines too then? I get more than a little confused when we go past grandparents.

Luke,
    Yup, Edwardiana Tango is Tiggers (Kenmillix Lactarius-sounds like a milk germ-not my choice!) dad and Laganmill Malvern his grandmother(?). Its not fair that i have no little boxes telling me the sex but I will find the Pedigree again later this evening and see what else I can see.

Ive heard of Edwardiana Tweed (Tangos sister) doing well in trials but no mention of Tango anywhere.

Ive been told that a lot of the dogs in Tiggers *tree* :lol: have competed in Irish trials-are those results counted by the powers that be who compile the pedigrees, or are they kept separately? Its just that on the papers given to me by the breeders (handwritten?:neutral: )it lists far more FT CH than the pedigree shows. I sent an email to that Smythwick place informing them of a 'gap' in their database (which they invite you to do if you have the info) and gave them Ed Tangos details and Tiggers etc, but now I cant seem to open the file I downloaded <computer phobic moment!

Here is a recent pic of Tigger-so you can see if there are any family resemblences! :lol: (The JeffDalton bit is OH-he takes a lot of pics and enjoys messing around with them-dont tell him I said that!)

[​IMG]
  15. Luke

Luke New Member

If i'm working out the pedigree correct then those 'above' are male and below are female. Anyway-so it seems Ralph and Tigger share a grandfather in the shape of Laganmill Malvern , well actually he is Ralph's great grandfather but still!
  16. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Found this site.

http://www.ariel-ess.com/essfaq/pedigree/search.html

It's dead easy. If you have your pedigree to hand just type in a dog's name (or part of the name) from as far back as your dog's pedigree goes.

I picked one of Fingals Gt Gt Gt Grandparents.

Click on that dog and you'll get his pedigree - right back to his Gt Gt Gt Grandparents. click one of his Gt Gt Gt grandparents and repeat.............

I kept clicking to see how far and ended up back in the 1800's (about 25x Gt Grandparents ago)

When you go way way back you start to get loads of cockers and field spaniels creeping in. You also get to see which dogs were bred with which other dogs etc.
  17. Tigger2

Tigger2 New Member

Name:
    Karen
    That site is cool. I need to bookmark it for when Ive hunted down the pedigree again.

:)
  18. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    just beware !

It can be very adictive.

I considered (for the hell of it) creating a pedigree as far back as I could go.

I soon realised that the last column would be over 65,000 'dogs' long - more than an xl spreadsheet could handle.

I came to the conclusion that if you go back to the year dot our dogs ARE all related.
  19. springergirl

springergirl New Member

Name:
    sue
    well i finally found brontes pedigree! so here goes:

her grandfather on her sires side was ft ch rytex rod, then gt grandmother ft ch rytex ria, then gt gt grandmother rytex renne, then gt gt gt grandfather was ft ch rytex rex. also on her sires side the names parkmaple and larford crop up numerous times from her grandfather back to her gt gt gt grandparents. so maybe all our doglets are related after all!!! :lol:

just had a look at that site and looks like she's got badgercourt in there somewhere from gt gt gt gt grandparents (badgercourt susan if i'm reading it correctly!).
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2007
  20. springerfreak

springerfreak New Member

Name:
    mike
    Have researched over 200 dogs in my boys pedigree here are some of the rytex and badger court dogs as well as the field champions found so far:-

Russell of Rytex UK.Ft.Ch
    Simonseat Hunter UK.Ft.Ch
    Bomakama Breeze UK.Ft.Ch
    Tan-Dderwen Smudge UK.Ft.Ch
    Readhead Riley UK.Ft.Ch
    Hamers Harrier UK.Ft.Ch
    Simonseat Slip UK.Ft.Ch
    Badgercourt Moss UK.Ft.Ch
    Cortman Garry UK.Ft.Ch
    Windmillwood Shot UK.Ft.Ch
    Skipper of Ardford UK.Ft.Ch
    Cortman Lane UK.Ft.Ch
    Gorsty Gester UK.Ft.Ch
    Hamers Halo UK.Ft.Ch
    Parkmaple Loganberry FTW
    Hamers Hale UK.Ft.Ch
    Badgercourt Druid UK.Ft.Ch
    Parkmaple Zip UK.Ft.Ch
    Parkmaple Honey Bee UK.Ft.Ch
    Hamers Harrier UK.Ft.Ch
    Cressett Mayfly of Malverndale UK.Ft.Ch
    Castlings Delight UK.Ft.Ch
    Cressett Poker Dot UK.Ft.Ch
    Robbson of Gwibernant UK.Ft.Ch
    Burnhatch Zest UK.Ft.Ch
    Clonrush Franca of Scoloplax UK.Ft.Ch
    Kettlestang Comet UK.Ft.Ch
    Rytex Rod UK.Ft.Ch EFC
    Tawnyhill Amy UK.Ft.Ch
    Rytex Ria UK.Ft.Ch EFC
    Windmillwodd Shot UK.Ft.Ch EFC
    Wintonwildfowl Dona Tulla UK.Ft.Ch
    Highland Boy UK.Ft.Ch
    Inler Harry Slin UK.Ft.Ch EFC INT Ftch
    Trawsgoed Lad of Caldyview UK.Ft.Ch
    Sunnybrae Sarah UK.Ft.Ch
    Kenine Robb of Rytex UK.Ft.Ch
    Fergie Finch UK.Ft.Ch
    Badgercourt Gryphon FTW
    Windmillwood Shot UK.Ft.Ch
    Rytex Rex UK.Ft.Ch
    Dewfield Measles UK.Ft.Ch Int Irish Fc
    Barneys Blunder UK.Ft.Ch
    Dash of Inler UK.Ft.Ch
    Goldeneye Jock UK.Ft.Ch
    Badgercourt Susan UK.Ft.Ch
    Clarburgh Art UK.Ft.Ch
    Sunnybrae Siskin UK.Ft.Ch
    Robinsmoor Sam of Flintwood UK.Ft.Ch
    Cressett Poker Dot UK.Ft.Ch
    Farway Mac UK.Ft.Ch
    Jay of Newgrange UK.Ft.Ch
    Rat-A-Tat FTW
    Bricksclose Midi-Too FTW
    Gemini of Gowna FTW
    Jay Mag UK.Ft.Ch
    Crowhill Spinner UK.Ft.Ch
    Bricksclose Masterpiece UK.Ft.Ch
    Dandelion of Gwibernant UK.Ft.Ch
    Highland Boy UK.Ft.Ch
    Badgercourt Dusty UK.Ft.Ch

Have traced him back to a dog called Mop I in 1812.

I know this is an old thread but I have only just joined and it is one of my favourite subjects
  21. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Fantastic

It's adictive isn't it

Anyway (and this is from memory)

Badgercourt Gryphon, Druid, Rob of Rytex, Rytex Rex, Badgercourt Susan, Rytex Rod are all accounted for.

Too late to delve into it just now but the other names that raise an eye brow are Bricksclose and Gorsty - both in Fingal and Beau my previous Springer !

Thanks for sharing.