Any Idea what he is? ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Davy MacLean, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Davy MacLean

Davy MacLean New Member

Name:
    Davy

Any Idea what he is?

I got Ben in 2000 from the dogs trust in Liverpool aged 4 still a busy body now although he does tend to sleep a bit more now a days!

Anyway often been stopped and asked what he is had no idea was just down as a terrier X at the dogs trust. Been asked if there's a bit of Lakeland in him does have a beard with two long strands either side of the mouth. Has markings on his head and body which are pretty much symmetrical ears are light brown at the head going into a chocolate colour on the main ear with a lighter colour around the edge.

Coat wise I'd think you'd call it a broken type coat brindle/blue with white strands also has white tufts at the end of his toes and a very thin almost unnoticeable white stripe down part of his chest.

He's not had his tail docked and stands around 12 in high from his toes to his shoulders. He can be hard work but has mellowed with age hated other dogs at first now lives with his side kick a lurcher and can only recently be trusted to be let off the lead going to the park. doesn't like crows or seagulls/pigeons small furries don't bother him but will growl around horses or sheep. When he's been playing his face looks a bit squat like a border terrier a vet thought he was a border apart from his height and curly tail

Anyway time to introduce Ben

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the most recent just the white around the face gives him away as an old man
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    He's cute!!!! Sorry, I know nothing about Terriers, but he is adorable. That much I know for certain.
  4. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    Hi and welcome to Dogsey, he certainly is very cute. I've had my first terrier x from recue 3 years,still learning terrier ways:lol: He looks like jrt and maybe border terrier ? Very handsome :)
  5. rune

rune

Very cute old chap---looks like maybe a bit of border to me but whatever he is he got lucky when you took him in.

rune
  6. JackieandMia

JackieandMia New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I was thinking JR x Border Terrier but i'm probably wrong.
  7. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    i saw border terrier immediately as well
  8. Tessabelle

Tessabelle New Member

Name:
    Tess
    he is beautiful! very handsome chap! :)
  9. Manyana13

Manyana13 New Member

Name:
    Maryann
    I have no idea... but he is very handsome!! :)
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    BT/JRT, to me.
  11. LittleOscar

LittleOscar New Member

Name:
    Jo
    He may have a little bit of patterdale too, he could be a proper bitsa :0)
  12. Jukesgirl

Jukesgirl New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Although the colours are not the same, he looks physically very similar to my little man, although mine is only 18 months old at the minute.

I have come to the conclusion that Ruffus is a BT x JRT so i would suggest the same thing to you i reckon.
  13. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    I agree defo JR x Border, hes a cracking lad!
  14. Davy MacLean

Davy MacLean New Member

Name:
    Davy
    So would that class him as a fell terrier then/
  15. parsonsmum

parsonsmum New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    I would say Parson/Border? The ears are typical of Parsons and JRTS. I say Parson rather than JRT on account of his long legs.
  16. jack the patt

jack the patt New Member

Name:
    mark
    Border russel lakie perhaps
  17. jack the patt

jack the patt New Member

Name:
    mark
    Border russel lakie
  18. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    JRT x BT definately - I used to walk one at my Nannans who looks the spitting image of him :)
  19. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    I don't know what he is other than ....... gorgeous :grin:
  20. jaymacv

jaymacv New Member

Name:
    Jay
    not sure about the curly tail either, but I think he has border terrier and JRT (or parson, but then again the long legs could come from the border) in him. Look at his adorable cheeky face! :lol: He is gorgeous!
    I just looked up "curly tailed terriers" on google and apparently some terriers are born with a tail like his, considered to be wrong. Maybe he was one of those accidental curly tailed terriers? Either way, he is just lovely!
  21. TWOSOCKS

TWOSOCKS New Member

Name:
    SUSAN
    He looks like a mix of fox terrier x border to me :)