Cross breeding Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Tassle, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Will do thanks. Have found one web page previously for cocker poodle rescues but it didnt have any then and doesnt have any now but now the web page isnt working :s . Doesnt seem a very good website tbh. But hadnt even thought to contact another crossbreeding rescue. Thanks
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    OK - so the example I posted....she will gain no money from breeding - she will be keeping a pup - she will do all the health tests she can? and She has 3 homes 2 years ahead?

Why Unethical?

(Please be aware I pretty much gave her the third degree....but started to wonder after if I was right or she was)
  4. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    I think id only think a parson type would be suitable for this x for this purpose

If the parents are currently competing successfully as a ethical XBreeder would insure, then the likelyhood of the doing well would be bigger, then jack & sky from down the road!!!!

I understand your reasons for not likeing it!
  5. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Your right.

Because my BC was very tall for a BC and i now have a short legged JRT cross the idea of crossing such different frames scares me. I dont understand people who would do that. I get frustrated with those who sell "miniture labradoodles" and the like.
  6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    no Tassle its still not ethical for me, Im sorry! Still crossing two already existing breeds for no vaild purpose...
  7. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    I think it completley depends on the reason for the cross breeding. To cross breed for the sake of it or to better a breed or for work purposes etc.

For example are they trying to improve health for a breed, like here; http://www.luadalmatians.com/

Are they breeding to improve agility times? http://www.agilitybits.co.uk/breeds/sprollie/sprollie.html

For a working purpose?
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/05/02/labradoodle-pioneer-regrets-fashioning-designer-dog/

and will they still take a pup back if things change like a breeder of pedigree dog will (or should)

Personally, I think there are enough mongrels needing homes and pedigree dogs being bred that I would find it hard to justlfy the breeding of a litter of crossbreeds
  8. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    No - her dog is not a pedigree - its a cross.

BTW...would it be different if she was donating pups to hearing dogs?
    This dog is a great size - ahs the workiness of a Beagle but is more Bidable...Interesting I am able to obseve it next to a beagle in the same class...it is very interesting.
  9. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I get frustrated at people who sell crosses full stop :grin:

You don't need a cross breed to advertise it as rare, miniature, tiny, tea cup. People try to sell dogs that aren't breed standard colour or size as all of these.
  10. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    at the end of the day, they are all dogs!
  11. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Same different, maybe even worse as will know even less about the dogs history and that of its parents.

would she be breeding soley for hearing dogs? if not, then no makes no difference.
  12. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    yes that woukld be horrendous & wrong & def not ethical!
    & i dare say would not produce a dog suitable for agility/fb
  13. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Why do you assume she does not know the parents??
  14. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Well yes....this is the conclusion I come to....but some people seem SO anti. I find it odd....
  15. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz

I assumed as not alot of info was given, does she then? and all grand parents? and where the grand parents come from at least?
  16. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hmmmm...shouldn't breed a crossbreed for F2 unless in a breeding plan. Even if crossbreed to crossbreed. Likely hood is the end up producing dogs of simalair traits to the ped they were originally bred from apparantly. Believe its to do with the recessive gene. Which is the reason its only F1's that are sold. F2 just havent worked.

Just from what i have read cant say its gospel. Some breeders are trying to get a standard but it just cant be done so far.
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Indeed Mish, its a shame so many are brought up surrounded by so many irresponsible people mind.
  18. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    As far as I am aware it was researched very thorughly...(more that I had expected certainly)
  19. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    & BOUGHT by so many idiots, that shouldnt have a stuffed dog , pedigree or XB!
  20. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Humm.....but it seems to be working with the *sssshhhh* NI types
  21. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    If they were trying to breed Dog to cats or something, Cogs!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.