Cross breeding Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Tassle, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Not them and us at all..Just like I said, I believe breeders should overall be breeding for a reason.
    Are agility/obedience/flyball and what ever people breeding for a reason/would the dogs be bred for a purpose? Think that answers it itself.

You would be surprised how many people dont research crosses and lets face it them that do arent always getting the true facts are they? Thats even if the facts about the cross are known.
  4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Disgusting isnt it! Mind you if Zani wasnt spayed you could always put him to her..we could have jack-a-poos. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  5. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Well it would help if Cheeko didn't have his chopped off :lol:

Imagine all the money we could make :mrgreen: :roll: Why not make some crestipoos!?

This woman did own a *certain type of cross* but she wasn't out walking it. Decided to leave it in the house and go out a walk herself.
  6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Couldnt even joke about that :shock: Seen far to many come through rescue. The one mum transported was a right git..Nasty little git - mind you was sold as a great companion!
  7. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    But that is my point!! WHY is agility/obedience more of a purpose that companion breeding?? Especially when you are less likely to get a good agility dog from breeding than you are if you breed for a good companion dog!

No - I am surprised at how many people do not research pedigrees as well...or how much is not known even if they do do the research...I am Amazed at your last sentence considering what has just happened to you with a pedigree....and the 'facts' you were given about that!
  8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    why are you amazed? I was given false facts, and when I knew the truth I didnt walk away, although so very nearly did..you knew my feelings.. cheap dig Tassle.
  9. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    As much as I love both the breeds I imagnie they would be rather ugly. Also a snappy poodle and a shy crested (noticed alot at shows here are shy) just wouldn't be a good mix atall. The breeder would probaly sell it as a great show dog if it meant money!!
  10. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Its not a good mix at all with the tempermant of the poodle and the crested I wish people would understand that. Cresteds cross with anything is ugly.
  11. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ...its not a cheap dig...you go on about breeders,ethics health testing.. you still bought the pup.. not like bc's are hard to find.
  12. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I know poodles and cresteds get on great because Blu is friends with some at shows and cries to get to them but just because dogs get on doesn't mean their pups are going to have good temprement.

With cresteds having 2 coat types I can just imagine how horribly wrong it can end up and people who don't know how to look after their skin. Same with poodles and people not knowing how much grooming they need.
  13. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I am amazed because you seem to feel it is people who are breeding cross breeds that would do the lying, when you know it happens with pedigrees as well - you seemed to be bringing it up to have a go at people who are crossing - when this is not always the case.

I am amazed full stop about people who do not research the dogs.....crosses or pedigrees - this is not specific to cross breeding....

I am amazed about people who do not health test - this is not specific to cross breeding....

I am amazed about people who will stick to dogs together without knowing the history - this is not specific to crossbreeding....

I am shocked that you do not see a companion as being a good reason to breed when it is THE most important function a dog preforms (as you yourself have said!)

Yes there are BAD crossbreeders - no-one is saying there is not - Yes there are bad pedigree breeders - no-one is disputing that either.....

....you obviously cannot see a dog being a good companion as a good reason to breed......but you do with obedience/agility dogs, despite the fact that crossing two dogs to create more drive and attitude may prevent a dog from being a good companion?
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    So did Tassle, actively supported a puppy farmer, yet she (and you) are having a crack at DD! Incredible, no, UNbelievable!:roll:
  15. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Yes and I still believe all breeders should health test, should breed for a reason and everything else I state. I made a mistake and went somewhere that followed practices I dont agree with. Certainly does not mean I have or should change my opinion on how I feel about such things..

I guess everyone that has brought from a PF now agrees with them! :roll:
    Cheap dig indeed girls :lol: clutching at straws, you wont make me change my opinion.
  16. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Don't know anything about the situation but people tend to have short memories when it comes to things like this :neutral: Forget about their own situation!
  17. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    no ..whats incredible is that other people can be all high and mighty and do the same themselves...yet cos they are involved in showing get back up from people like you....

i an not having a crack, but having such high standards and voicing them,then buying the pup anyway....normally YOU would be the first to mention it Dawn...or is it ok cos it wasnt from the kennel i went to :?
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Indeed, one minute dead against it, next buying from them!:evil: Shocking at least.:evil:
  19. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Have you read anything I have written??

I am not supporting the sticking together of any two dogs to make money.....

I am questioning whether crossbreeding - when done in full knowledge, with homes lined up yada yada.....is as wrong as I was feeling it is!
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Absolutely!!! EXACTLY what Tassle did!:roll: Nobody has back up from me, I am stating a FACT! She is being attacked by a person/s who have actively supported a puppy farmer!:evil:
  21. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    where have I stated that pedigree breeders dont ever lie!?
    Stop putting words in my mouth..This thread was about cross breeding, so why would I have commented on pedigrees? Im fully aware what some pedigree breeders are known to be up to.. and funny enough disagree with it when its pedigrees to..
    I WILL NEVER AGREE WITH CROSS BREEDING. I cant make that any clearer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.