Cross breeding Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Tassle, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    You haven;t ......but I didn't say that you had ;)

However there is a comparison. You menitoned the difference between show people and pet people.....

I can see that you will never agree with Crossbreeding....I just fail to see that there is a good reason for being against it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    i do not see any 'attacking' but all this talk of 'furthering' the breed etc..... was an honest question from me.... with all the knowledge ...still bought a dog that couldnt possibly be doing that..how is that an attack?
  4. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    :lol: - nice edit ;)...not really clutching at straws...just wondering why as you feel SO strongly about it you were willing to take my advice and let it slide.
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Im sure she would say "her choice" like you and Tassle perhaps?:002:
  6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    The breeder of Mace didnt have the mum health tested! In emails it was stated that all health tests were done, when I asked for the parents hip score results she told me the mum hadnt yet been done, and then I went on to find out the mum had no testing done.. I went ahead and went to the breeders like planned to pick Mace up and came home with him.

Before I went I Pm'ed Tassle knowing she is 'involved' with collies, I explained the mum had no testing and asked for advice about what I could be facing health wise with Mace.. She was a great help and I was thankfully.
    She can carry on to throw this in my face all she likes .. but let her remember she WAS THE ONE THAT TOLD ME TO CONTINUE ON AND GET HIM!...
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    .... why is it 'them' now :? :?

all i asked is why you did what you are against and preach about...normally it would be borderdawn but then again you two could be classed as the new 'them' :)
  8. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Indeed I did - every dog deserves a decent home - and I think you are just that.

ETA - not throwing it in your face...as i said - I learnt my lesson the hard way - and I will no longer get one a high horse about people who find themselves in the same situation.
    Life is not black and white.
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    why???

and why so defensive... questions are not digs.
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Would you buy a pup sired by a dog that has a higher than average hip score for that breed?
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Please dont go that low..:roll:
  12. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hopefully you will be lucky and he won't get any hip problems then.

My friends clumber is from tested parents but already has something not right about his back end. I agree with health testing and hips are recommended for mins but eyes are much more important because of the problems. Good hips won't mean the pups will have them. Saying that I'd never breed from a dog with awful hips. I think hip scoring is more of a guide than a definate 'yes' or 'no' to breed.
  13. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    After thinking about it I decided to go ahead and have him, I liked him, I took the risk. I will learn from the mistake.
    Doesnt mean my opinions have changed at all, I still feel the same. The breeder of Mace is fully aware of my feelings on heath testing and her lack of them to.
  14. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    The new them? not sure what your on about??
  15. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    If this thread was about breeders breeding from non health tested dogs I may understand why you would have brought Mace into it.

But as this was my opinions on cross breeding, I dont understand why you brought him into it..other than to have a little dig.
  16. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    why? Because I liked him, and was willing to take a risk on him.
  17. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    :roll: .........
  18. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    then all your talk of ethics, not supporting bad breeders,bettering the breed etc...should be taken with a pinch of salt....you wanted you got.. like me n Tupac :)
  19. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I brought it in to try and understand some of your opinions, you seemed to be basing your disagreements about crossbreeding on the 'bad' practices of the ones you know or have heard about.

I was pointing out that it has nothing to do with bad practices...and was reminding you that those bad practices go on with pure breeds as well...despite the research that people put into it.

You mentioned that crossbreeders may not even know what was behind and may not tell the truth.....I was pointing out that this happens with pedigrees as well....

I have been talking about responsible crossbreeding, knowing everything and you keep mentioning bad breeding practices - I am pointing out that these are not specific to cross breeding....

I was trying to debate ethical crossbreeding, with full knowledge and homes lines up and health tests done.......and the only reason that people seem to be against that is the fact that it would be producing dogs that would be good companions. You have made this very clear you do not think this is a valid reason to produce a dog.

So far, no-one has managed to produce an argument for me that has helped me realise that my views were right.
  20. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Take it with a pint of salt if ya like. I will always advise people on ethical breeders that test. I made a mistake, one that was hard to do, but I done it and I will live with that..
  21. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ahh case of do as i say not as i do lol :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.