Cross breeding Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Tassle, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Some will jump to the wrong conclusion DD. I dont agree with what you did, but some would assume I do! :002: As I said, the thread starter is the biggest hypocrite of all, so, for me, her points hold no interest anyway.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I dont expect anyone to agree, when I dont agree with it myself. But I done it and thats that - was a very cheap dig and not relevant to this thread..
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well I wouldnt let it bother you DD, the hip score of Tassles BC bitch Siren's mother, is over the breed average, didnt stop her buying a pup out of her though.:002:
  5. Lizzy23

Lizzy23 New Member

Name:
    Liz
    once again an interesting discussion hijacked, by personal digs, the way i see it is these dogs are in their homes, well loved well cared for and being done the best for, we all know the stories so why keep bringing them up, neither Tassle or DD have any intention of getting rid of their supposed mistakes so why does it have to be brought up every time we have a thread like this
  6. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    one last post lol.... dd i wasnt meaning it as a dig,.. i saw .relevance because you brought up.. breeding to better the breed ... i merely wanted to know after stating that why you bought from someone who wasnt and hadnt.

i didnt know it had been discussed elsewhere or i wouldnt of had to ask here.
  7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I had never claimed that Maces litter was bred to better the breed though, and when you asked I answered saying that she hadnt.
    I supported someone that bred a litter and probs done everything I disagree with. It wont happen again.
    It hasnt been talked about else where? As I only spoke about it over pm to 3 members! ;)
  8. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I do wonder how many people could walk away from this situation after getting excited about getting a pup etc. I know I'd find it very hard to walk away from it so I think unless you've been in the situation it's not fair to judge.

Some people might think it's wrong I paid for Blu and brought him home without any KC paperwork. I believed the breeder when she said she hadn't recived it yet and would send it asap. 2 hours after getting home she sends a text saying it's just delivered. Next day it's on my door by special delivery.
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    OK I'll call a truce!

TRUCE!!!!
  10. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
  11. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Agreed.....
  12. rune

rune

Good post.

rune
  13. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I never said you did - but the decisions we make call into question what we do - that is one thing I have learnt very well from this forum....you cannot possibly have opinions on practices that are wrong if you happen to have made a choice that you would not have made looking from the 'outside'.

Sadly - any thread that I am involved in, with regards to any form of breeding - I am slated for wanting to breed from Siren (without people knowing the full story - as I'm sure you recall)....and for taking Zeff out of the situation he was in.

As you well know - I have NO issue with you taking on Mace - all the PMs should have shown you that - and I would probably have done the same in your shoes.
  14. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I have explained ...it was not meant as a dig...I am sorry you took it that way. It was used as an example of what can happen EVEN if you do research with pedigrees and was not specific to crossbreeders as was implied.
  15. rune

rune

If it has any relevance I would definitely have taken Mace.

The world is not black and white---it is grey and sometimes if we are lucky it is lovely colours. Our dogs, whatever they are and wherever they come from, add to those colours and all deserved the decent homes they have managed to find.

rune
  16. Lizzy23

Lizzy23 New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Tassle i'm a bit like you, i should be against cross breeding, but this thread has made me question why, if all the things that we ask ethical pedigree breeders are carried out by the cross breeder then whats the problem
  17. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Thank you for understanding.
  18. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    Well imo Why the need for any planned crossbred litter???
    For companions??? There are hundreds of Pedigree dogs that would/ could/ can fit any household circumstances including allergy prone humans imo.
    So Why the need for any cross of Pedigree Breeds
  19. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Yes - there are - but why should that mean that people cannot cross? Just to keep lines pure?
  20. rune

rune

Pedigree dogs evolved from crossbred dogs because people wanted different things---for work and companionship. They liked the way some of them looked and wanted to live with them.

Its the same now, people like the look of certain mixed breeds----they may not all look the same. For some people that is the attraction.

rune
  21. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Thats how I would interpret it. With my parents, they like the look of the cross. They like the poodle coat but they dont like poodles themself (dont ask ive tried to get there logic, there is none) they like cockers but dont want to own another one. Met a few of them and decided it was for them. My dad is actually very pro ped but he makes up his own rules as he goes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.