Cross breeding Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Tassle, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Pretty much the same, some one that bred a number of litters from a number of breeds a year. who was breeding more for a business.

I only asked as to answer your questions people need to understand your idea of a big breeder.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Dunno if im just being blonde here, but how can you be an accredited breeders of cross breeds? :?
  4. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    Under the Breeding and Sale of Dogs (Welfare) Act 1999, breeders breeding five or more litters per year may need to be licensed so imo could be classed as commercial.
    In an ideal world then yes I would like all commercial breeding stopped as 5 or more litters a year is too much be it Pedigree or Crossbreeds
  5. Lizzy23

Lizzy23 New Member

Name:
    Liz
    have to say if i was uneducated that cloodle website would look very credible to me :-( :-( just shows how easily The GP could be duped
  6. crestnut

crestnut New Member

Name:
    lynda
    Exactly Lizzy Sad ain't it
  7. swarthy

swarthy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    I think you will find quite often that Crossbreeds, whether the parents are health tested or not, often cost considerably more than their pedigree counterparts.
  8. Noushka05

Noushka05 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    people who exploit dogs simply for financial gain are All unethical imo.
  9. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    But again, if its to improve health or temperament, then that is breeding for a reason, which wasn't what I was asking.

What I'm asking, or what I'm not quite getting is if there is no aim to improve anything, the person/s only want to breed 1 litter, so theycan have a pup, the dog and bitch of the breeds they decide to cross are ito perfect pets, then why cross them at all.

I do think you're right though, it probably is because they want, not need something different.
  10. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    I thought my last post was relevant as to the questioning of even health testing, research etc how did that make ethical given... but so far no response......This was an interesting thread and I can see why feelings may 'run high' here but I'm off.
  11. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I am not a fan of Commercial breeders either....and I agree, many people who are in the 'oodle' phase are out for money.

However - I will not tar all crossbreeders with the same brush.
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What would you class as "exploiting " a dog?
  13. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    ...and if the right homes are there why is that wrong?.....My next dog I will await on colour.....yes, other things are also important.....but colour will be a decider.
  14. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Surely you are not saying that no matter the conditions the puppies/dogs live in, how often the bitch is used, as long as there is a right home for said pups, its not wrong to bred them.
  15. Noushka05

Noushka05 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    breeding them purely to make money as i said!
  16. swarthy

swarthy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    You can't (well not under the KC anyway)
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Thats what I thought - so false advertisement.
  18. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Could you not be an AB by owning the 2 breeds and breeding purebred litters that are registered with the KC but then on the side breed the crosses too? If that's what they are doing then maybe the KC needs to look into people more on free ad websites etc!!
  19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    This is what they say - dodgy;

20. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    They may be accredited for a diffrent breed ...misleading...
  21. swarthy

swarthy New Member

Name:
    Sue
    This does contravene the T&C's of the AB scheme - as do all unregistered litters crossbreed or not.

I agree it would be a good idea to browse these sites yes - I do know people who do this - and someone actually found pictures of one of my girls being used to sell a litter - needless to say I was bouncing off the walls - even moreso as I had my own litter at home :(

The trouble with FreeAds - is how would you know? do they have restrictions on the type(s) of numbers that can be used? With the advent of VOIP, PAYG mobiles and non-geographic numbers through various online providers - how could a connection be proved? (I am hoping FreeAds insist on a verifiable landline number).

I worked for a local paper a few years ago during my summer break from Uni - and we had people advertising cars for sale from phoneboxes :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.