American Bulldog General Chat

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by MichaelM, Jun 9, 2011.

1. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    All of the above is EASILY avoided.

a) by breeding from KC registered individuals
    b) microchipping
    c) DNA profiling
    d) tattooing

There are a lot of "responsible" breeders who breed crossbreeds whose animals are fully health tested etc.

So it is not a question of whether I "believe" they would do it, I KNOW they do as can be seen by the BRS etc.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    How would breeding two KC registered individuals of two different breeds prove the parentage of the puppies? it wouldn't.
  4. IanIOW

IanIOW New Member

But we are not talking about any breed, we are talking about AB x SBT.
  5. Dooley

Dooley New Member

Name:
    Dooley!
    the dogs from hines and painter lines have pit bull in them anyway, so would it really make any difference if they we`re crossed or not? other strains contain other breeds such as st bernard and english mastiff that is a well documented fact!
  6. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Every breed of dog is made up of other breeds, it's how each breed was made!! I don't see how what Dooley posted relates to what we're talking about.

I'm starting a new thread now!!
  7. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Paperwork.
  8. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear

Yes I realise that and my statement stands. People DO do it, are they ALL irresponsible and stupid?
  9. IanIOW

IanIOW New Member

Yes they are by breeding an AB x SBT.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  10. Dooley

Dooley New Member

Name:
    Dooley!
    of course it`s relevent because they are a mish mash of so many other breeds! no set type, every dog you see is different, even those from the same strain!
  11. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Paperwork stating what? :?
  12. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Yep a mish mash because they are or are at least meant to be real working bulldogs not ruined by the show crowd breeding for a certain type that can't function at it's intended job/s!! Also there is such a variety because the amount of different tasks they are used for....from hog hunting, man work, weight pull, guard dog even fighting.

About those from the same strain all looking different is crap pal!! Think you should go and do some homework on proper AB's not the messes we see over here so often.
  13. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    :-( Unfortunately abs are wrongly seized all the time of being accused of type. Along with other bullbreeds and or there crosses.:-( Ab x staffy are no more seen as type as (certain lines of abs, staffys, presas and or there crosses. same with bull terrier or boxer crosses) Thats the problem with the word 'type'!
    Ab's are not kc recognised, and even if they were that would not protected them if they were to be accused of being 'type'. A k.c reg staffy is also not protected either.
    Two dogs from the same litter, one could be 'type' the other not...its a farce really.
    A lab x staffy even if parentage can be proved could be classed as type.
    Basically most bullbreeds or there crosses are at risk.

I own a ab x staffy, he was from a total totally accidental mating and we fell in love with him. He is the sweetest, gentle, loyal dog. He is family!!!! But like any large, strong breed dog should be, he has been brought up with love, respect, boundaries and good training. Everyone we meet loves him, everyone always says, hes a beautiful boxer. He does look boxerish, but Im thankful for that as the law is so fickle any large bullbreed can be at risk from be classed as type.:-(
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  14. Dooley

Dooley New Member

Name:
    Dooley!
    i`ve been lucky enough to see ab`s in action in the states lets just say the dogs over there ARE in a totally different class to what you see over here!! difference is OVER there folks aren`t actually too bothered admitting to what is actually carried over into certain lines/strains! i`ve done enough homework thanks and i didn`t like what i heard! not one dog i have seen ever looks the same, even those from the same strain which is why they will never ever get any recognition over here whatsoever!
    don`t get me wrong i am not anti ab, just wish folks would tell the truth and stop with bull crap!
  15. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    There's not many AB folk that actually believe all the BS it's usually breeders telling newbies what they want to hear!! I for one don't mind the outcrosses as I own a real full standard/hogdog/performance bred AB which has been bred to work so anything added was to better it's workability unlike the Johnson and other bully lines that have English Bulldog, Mastiff, St Bernard added just for size and looksto generate more $$$!!

Also the hybrids of the many types wont be helping to create a similar phenotype within the breed that IMO should be classed as three or more seperate breeds alltogether with the Standard dogs keeping the bulldog name as they're the ones doing the real bulldog work earning the right to be called a bulldog.

What dogs did you see in the states ?

I could sit here all night and show you pics of hundres of AB's that are from the same family and all look/act similar!!

Also thank fook they'd never get recognition over here, there's enough crap about allready without the KC getting hold of them!!
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    all the AB's i know are far to tall and big to be considered 'type' :?

one i know is such a doofus!! thick as sh*t but he is a big cuddle bug :lol:
  17. Nikkiandy

Nikkiandy New Member

Name:
    Andy
    Actually, I am in the process of rescueing one of these check ouy cooper in "im new here" this gogs mother WAS siezed to be destroyed under section 1 of the dda/bsl. She had pups while spending 12 months of her life in a secret kennel. She and her pups were released NOT GUILTY! hence we are rescueing one :)
  18. dougs85

dougs85 New Member

Name:
    Dougs
    good for you :) :) :)
  19. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I think that's a good point. Most people see a bull breed and if it doesn't look like a Boxer or Mastiff or EBT or a small Staff (or one of the other 'recognised' bull breeds like Bullmastiffs) it being a pitt will almost certainly cross their mind :?
  20. dougs85

dougs85 New Member

Name:
    Dougs
    Tera how do you know your ab is a real working dog have u tested your ab in any working sence? Did u inport your dog or get it from the uk?
  21. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    I know and imo that's all that matters, pm me your email addy if your really interested.