[Pics] Do you think my dog would be considered a 'Pitbull type'? BSL

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by lelawoof, Oct 4, 2011.

1. lelawoof

lelawoof New Member

Name:
    Janet

[Pics] Do you think my dog would be considered a 'Pitbull type'?

This is my 4 month old pup, she was given to me by a friend of a friend around a month or so ago. I was told she was a staffy but after taking her to the vets I was told she must be a staffy cross as she has longer legs and a longer muzzle than your average staffy. The vet is fairly convinced she is crossed with a Labrador as she is extremely good natured and has numerous lab attributes. I was concerned recently by one or two people mentioning that she could be crossed with a pit or could be deemed as a 'pitbull type.' She is not remotely aggressive towards people or any other dogs and she's a big softy.
    But I am worried that I could have issues with people confusing her to be a dangerous breed. What are your opinions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    opinions same as the other thread ;-)

your dog is a crossbreed..and thats what i would say if people asked :)

eta.. aggression has nothing to do with being 'type' and all the pure pitts i do know(all bar one) are dog and human friendly!
  4. rune

rune

Call her a shar pei cross- greyhound--she looks similar! Say it with conviction and you will end up believing it :grin:

She is lovely.

rune
  5. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    There are alot of dogs which fit "type", your dog is a crossbred puppy and a lovely one at the that :)
    It would be way to early at 4 months to start labelling dogs as type.
    The authorities don't access until dogs reach 9 months so I'm led to believe.

There are no dangerous breeds,only dangerous owners ;-)
  6. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
  8. Dave1

Dave1 New Member

Name:
    David
    What a lovely looking dog :) You must be so proud.

I would tell people it is a cross breed and leave it at that. The fact your dog is good natured towards people and other dogs is what counts.

If people think it looks like a pitbull and are worried. Then it is there bother and problem.
  9. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Yeah he caught my eye whilst looking around the rescue sites. If he's only 9 months there he's gonna be huge!
  10. lelawoof

lelawoof New Member

Name:
    Janet
  11. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Haha that would be fun lol

Please do keep us updated on her, and if you can, try to find out from your friend of a friend what mix she is - we're all curious now :lol:
  12. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  13. lelawoof

lelawoof New Member

Name:
    Janet
  14. scottyvdub

scottyvdub New Member

Name:
    SCOTTY
    hi lelawoof , great looking pup, like Sal said "There are no dangerous breeds,only dangerous owners "
  15. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Yes your puppy IMO is type!! But beautiful too..

The ear set is very typical of a pitbull or pitbull influenced dog, if asked say lab x staff accidental mating! There is nothing you can do really to keep a type dog safe from the fuzz apart from being responsible and using common sense ie not walking it round a town centre or letting it accidentally get into a fight with another dog because it was off leash in a dog park etc
  16. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I would have to disagree, Her ears are NOT pitbull, and her Muzzle is too long. She looks to me like a Staffie x Shar Pei

There are several Staffie x Sharpei on here that look alot like your girlie!
    http://www.dogsblog.com/category/shar-pei-cross/

THIS is a Pitbull
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    So all pitbulls look the same now do they Just because the one pictured has ears that fall back ? lol at the muzzle being too long Ffs Iv heard it all now!! Pits come in all shapes and sizes with as do their ears and muzzles. Iv seen pits that were undershot with ears that stood up aswell as some as small as 20lbs that could be passed of as a big patterdale.
  18. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Whoa, hello, not attacking you. Settle please.

I live in a country that has Pitties, they're extremely popular and I see them everywhere. I have to tell you, that dog looks nothing like any I've seen that aren't mixes, and her head and ears are seriously wrong, not slightly. Yes they come in all shapes and sizes, but not like her. She is not a Pit Bull,

That was out of line and offensive.
  19. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ....... i agree
  20. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    How can you judge that a puppy at 4 months old is type ?
    This puppy will grow and change,I have seen ears like that on a SBT that then go to settle lovely after they have there adult teeth.
  21. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Agree also