[Pics] Do you think my dog would be considered a 'Pitbull type'? BSL

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by lelawoof, Oct 4, 2011.

1. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Think you need to lighten up!! I in no way thought for a minute I was being attacked and didn't think I responded harshly at all, I tell it how it is.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    I was going to add that about the age as my AB looked pretty similar with the same ears as a pup, but police do seize pups that age that fit type and IMO that pup is a type puppy.
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    people always refer to my Toro as a pit bull xx
  5. DexNjj

DexNjj New Member

Name:
    J
    Just say you have a "lab mix" since the vet said he's part lab, it's not a lie.
  6. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Uk law doesn't care what the vet says if a dog is seized either at home or whilest out on a walk, the police either have a officer trained at identifying type dogs come out or the dog is detained as suspected type 1 dog then is Id'd at a later time. There is not much you can do to protect your dog if it fits type and is seized unfortunatley, even kennel club papers dont matter to the police when seizing a dog.
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    ....and until the ridiculous law is changed its the chance u take if u get a bully cross :-(

that said for some reason they seem to ignore them all around here :)(and there is alot!)
  8. lelawoof

lelawoof New Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thank you all for your opinions, much appreciated. While out walking this week I have actually had two different people asking if she was an American Pitbull Terrier, not in a negative way but just curious. However I have also had police cars driving past while out on a walk showing no interest and also we encountered two on foot officers patrolling the streets comment on how cute she is and giving her a stroke. I am not as concerned as I was previously because people just seem to recognize her as the good natured, soft puppy she is.
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    i had that,4 policeofficers asking in all honesty and not joking 'was my dog a wolf' and saying how lovely he was lol
  10. K999

K999 New Member

Name:
    Adam
    if you dog is well behaved and friendly that is what people will see first, and when they ask 'what's the breed?', you can say whatever you like!
    So just focus on raising a calm relaxed adaptive dog!
  11. chaospony

chaospony New Member

Name:
    Chaospony
    Pitbull is a type not a breed, it does have the American Staffy in it, but all bully breeds actually fall into the pitbull type, yeah they didn't think that one through when making the laws! What most people see as a pit now is a cross bred dog that has certain features. Or is a pure bred Am Staff.

Pits are very good friendly dogs when raised correctly, at one point in time they were the number one family pet to have in America, and were a mascot during the great wars.

Before I moved to England from America I had a pit, he was the sweetest dog towards every one and thing, he lived with 2 cats who were the boss! And only one time did I have any problem with another dog, it was a Chihuahua on an extended lead and it attacked my poor Splat! What did my pitty do? he rolled over on his back and peed all over himself as he was that scared! The thought of biting back never even crossed his mind. But he had been socialized correctly by not letting him run up to all other dogs and only allowed to greet friendly well mannered dogs as a pup, this set him up for success when the day came that he did meet a aggressive dog, luckily it was small but still out of control. And the woman on the end of the lead had the gall to yell at me to get my dog away from hers, he was on lead in heel position, hers was 20 feet away from her and attacking mine!

Your pup is very cute and does fall into the type, so just make sure you keep on top of her training and socialization and you really should not have any problems, I see pittys over here all the time, and believe the ones that are taken are the ones that have cause some sort of problems. With any luck they will remove the ban in the near future.
  12. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I would state categorically that the dog is a shar-pei x Labrador (or similar) and maintain that to everyone. Why are you putting the idea in people`s heads that you have a banned breed? Get the pup a big pink fluffy collar and insist she`s a cross.
  13. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
  14. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    deleted.................
  15. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    lol!! i get told my dogs are wolves.. doesnt mean they are ;-)
  16. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    [​IMG]
    That is a gorgeous young pup who will grow in to its body ...
  17. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    My response to anyone who asked if the pup was a pitbull would be to laugh and just say 'goodness no!! Whatever gave you that idea' and leave it at that.

Your pup is lovely. Be adamant if and when people ask you because otherwise you could bring problems upon yourself that presently aren't a problem.
  18. rosbour

rosbour New Member

Name:
    Renate