Dream breed. Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by EmmiS, Jan 10, 2012.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Oooh, I have a long wishlist but the top ones (if money and hence time/space were no object) would be:

Working Cocker Spaniel
    Scottish deerhound
    Lundehund!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Voraus

Voraus New Member

Name:
    Grace
    German Shepherd Dogs (currently own one)

English Shepherds

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Beaucerons

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    I've been thinking of this since last night and realise that I have a Dream/fantasy List as long as my arm :lol:
    I'd add lots of gundogs:
    I'd love a flatcoat retriever
    and a working black lab (I had a neighbour who bred and worked his labs and they were fabulous)

I adore HPRs and would like to try
    Vizslas
    and a small Munsterlander

plus
    more Border terriers!
    Parson's Jack Russell
    a rough coated lurcher (whippet sized)

and then when I am less active
    a black/tan CKCS - from the very best bred-for-health breeder I can find at the time

and loads more!
  5. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    I love Border Terriers. Haven't seen any here. I doubt I will ever get another dog after Bella (but might just get one while I've got her - but not while in this apartment).

I have a totally unreasonable dislike of dogs with 'miserable faces'. Also of dogs that drool.
  6. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    :lol: :lol: that's quite a list! :mrgreen:
  7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Name:
    Sarah

:mrgreen: I know! and totally unrealistic it is too! especially since my OH isn't nearly so keen on dogs as I am (plus he like huge hairy breeds like Newfies and Leonbergers).
    I'd like to foster rescue dogs too when my children are older/grown, so potentially I'd have lots and lots!
  8. marleysmum

marleysmum New Member

Name:
    Marleysmum
    I would love one of these dogs!

Newfoundland

GSD

great dane

st bernard
  9. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    I'm the same I do like to dream about having loads of dogs!! Never going to happen though! But ooooh foster def sounds the way to go! :grin:
  10. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a
    Boston Terrier or Skye Terrier
  11. Muskrat

Muskrat New Member

Name:
    Muskrat
    Most of all I would like a nice little rescue Staffie, not exaggerated, don't mind what colour. Athletic and enthusiastic about training. One day this will happen!

If money really wasn't a concern then I'd work very part-time, buy a house with a few acres of land and get:

Rottie/s
    EBT
    A gang of very spoilt old Staffies/StaffieXs!
    And a few of the long-term rescue dogs I work with and would love to bring home!
  12. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    I already own my favourite breeds GSDs & Chodsky Pes, my next one will be another GSD but in the future I would like a Harzer Fuchs
  13. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    [​IMG]
  14. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I have a big list which is always changing but top of the list is an Akita, I just have to work out if having one is an option with a RR as I cannot see me not having a Ridgeback.

Really need to speak to Akita experts :)
  15. ljru1970

ljru1970 New Member

Name:
    ljru1970
    Ooh, so many to choose from. I'm more sure about the breeds I wouldn't want to own.

But for those I would- I'd love to have another GSD at some point. I've always loved the Wolfhound/deerhound/lurcher look.

I absolutely love the 'Wolf' look, so would love to have a Northern Inuit, but this would depend on whether I am a suitable person to give a breed like this a good home....

And after loosing Ralph, a Chihuahua at some point.

But, since there are thousands of dogs in rescue, my dream dog is just that as rescue is where I'll go when we have a vacancy.
  16. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    i would love a finnish lapphund. gorgeous pups!!! but sadly i think i might be a little too lazy :lol:
  17. Mummy2Max

Mummy2Max New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    I would love to have a Rottweiler, wanted one for a good few years now but space is my main issue. In fact a Rottie is what we initially went looking for when we wound up with Rayne :lol:

The whole time we were driving down to see her, OH was repeatedly saying "I don't want a Border Collie, I want a Rottweiler", turned up to the farm and she came trotting around the corner after the farmer. His face was a picture and immediately at seeing her he changed to "Oh my god, can we have her?!" :mrgreen:
  18. SmokeyRabbit

SmokeyRabbit New Member

Name:
    Teresa
    I would have another golden retriever in a heartbeat,even found myself looking at litters on champ dogs recentely :) just need a spare couple of hundred now and a dad that wants another dog,he says one dogs enough,mums with me as she still misses the one we lost two yrs ago,perils of still living at home.
  19. Wobler

Wobler New Member

Name:
    Michael
    I already own mine. :)
    A work mate got a Bordeaux pup the other day and it's really put me in the mood for one. Such a lovely looking big dog.
    I've also fancied owning an English bull terrier. Maybe some day.
    Though I'd love another bulldog.
  20. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Now if I could clone Zak, I could have my dream dog for the rest of my life ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  21. jaymacv

jaymacv New Member

Name:
    Jay
    Can't I just keep buying more and more pugs? :D
    Samoyed, Pharaoh Hound, Greyhound, Rottweiler, Estrela, Leonberger
    Interesting mix. One doggy cocktail coming right up!