Which breeds tickle your fancy? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Which breeds tickle your fancy?

Which breed/s might you get next? :p
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Lacey10 and Azz like this.
    I'm getting a Hovawart...hopefully within the next few months if all goes to plan :)
  4. Lacey10

Lacey10 New Member

Name:
    Eileen
    Azz likes this.
    Would really love a Sheltie!
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I want a Pekingese. I can offer no rational explanation, but I just want one.

And I want an Hungarian Vizsla.

But when the time comes I'll probably go to the Dogs' Home and see what's waiting for me.
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Azz likes this.
    Ooooo exciting....

Well I have just gotten my next breed, but my heart will always be with a Boxer I think....

Plenty of other breeds I love, but for now the PWD is ticking all my boxes
  7. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Azz likes this.
    Sadly, looks like I won't be getting a pup now. The mum went over her due date, was scanned yesterday, and all puppies have been confirmed dead :( Very sad. They have offered me a puppy from another littler they have, but I had my heart set on a puppy from this particular bitch, so...I have no idea what I'm doing next.

I've never met a PWD in real life! Great looking dogs though, although I know very little about them.
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Aww that is so sad :( Sorry to hear that Lou *hug*
  9. Anne

Anne Global Moderator

Name:
    Anne
    Azz likes this.
    What about you Azz, any plans to add a puppy anytime soon?
  10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Thanks Azz. Just one of these unfortunate things I guess. The breeder is having the puppies autopsied to determine what has happened.
  11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I hope they're able to find out what happened. I am not sure what happens with dogs, but do they get regular scans like 'humans' as well?

Are there any other breeders with litters on the ground? Or were you set on that particular bitch?

I would love a puppy :049:

Up until last week I was beginning to feel better again, but now that stupid endoscopy has put me back a whole year - argh!!!!

We have reached a deal with the builder, so hopefully that will be getting done this year... I wonder if that will mean a new dog shortly after?
  12. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Azz likes this.
    I'm not sure really. I know they're scanned at least once to determine pregnancy. But I'm not sure whether they go for regular check ups as a matter of course. The same breeder does have another litter on the ground but they're not quite up to par as the other bitch I loved. Have been waiting for a puppy from her for 2 years! But they said they can offer me first choice male from the other litter if I'm interested.

Ooh, hope you can get a puppy this year! :)
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Azz likes this.
    That's sad news, just proves breeding is never as easy as some people think...

Don't know whether you can get to crufts, but if you do, you will see some PWD there on the Thursday , and everyday on the discover dogs stand.

They are a VERY active intelligent breed, their energy levels are endless, not a breed for the couch potato lol....
  14. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Azz likes this.
    It will be another working line GSD for me, and probably another dark sable (I am smitten!). I won't be looking to add a pup for many years though.
  15. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I'd love a puppy - but I have made myself promise I will only get one when I am 100% well again. And I was getting there - flipping doctors! :lol:

Yeah go see the PWD's Lou! Jackie sent in a photo earlier and I must say I likey :lol: Btw @Jackie I forgot to say, can you post the photo in a thread here as well please? Then I can link to it from the featured photo ;)

What no Dutch Shepherd? :lol:
  16. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Azz likes this.
    Sorry to hear you have been unwell Azz, hope you are back to full health soon. Do you have any idea of what sort of pup you would like when the time comes?

Nah, Dutch shepherds don't really do it for me :D - got to be a German!
  17. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Moobli likes this.
    Thanks Kirsty.

I change my mind all the time :roll: I fell for Bostons after seeing these photos that were sent in: http://www.breedia.com/dogs/boston-terrier/photos but I'm not sure if they'd be too small.

My problem is I like too many breeds :lol: so I think it's more about finding the right dog where you just 'connect', if you know what I mean?

Would you consider European lines? Some of them look quite nice!
  18. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Azz likes this.
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell. But sensible decision to wait until you're fully recovered before adding another pup. Hope that's soon for you!

I'm not attending Crufts this year. Have been the past two years but found last year it wasn't quite the same as the year before, so thought I'd give it a miss this time around.

Will have to make do with PWD pics! :)
  19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Azz likes this.
    I have a wish list as long as my arm!
    I've long wanted both a black flatcoat retriever and Hungarian vizsla. I'd love another working type spaniel too (English or cocker or mix). Then there are whippets and silken windhounds! So gorgeous.
    I often look at Ted and think a little Border terrier bitch would fit in here so well ;)
    However, there are no new additions planned here until our finances look up and my hubby gives in to the rest of us!
  20. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    dragonfly likes this.
    Thanks @Dogloverlou - I hope things change for the better for both of us :)

@dragonfly Vizsla's are another one of my favourite breeds - go on, you know you want to :D
  21. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Azz likes this.
    I definitely want to, Azz. :)