New puppy General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Raw? What else is there? Ziva has just scoffed some raw ox lung and some veggies. Not much but she really is tiny and I have no idea what she was weaned on.

To her raw is Food although she cannot yet cope with bones. And she still sqeaks as she is too young to even try to bark. But she is learning English very quickly and she is definitely rather cute.

So tiny though.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    I am now so jealous Malka your little Ziva is soooooooooooo cute I want her :049::049::049::049::049: am glad you have found a new dog even if she is not a 2/3 year old xxx
  4. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Malka likes this.
    What a cutie!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    She has only been here just over 24 hours but she already understands some English commands? Michal, Ram's new vet assistant has been round to check her - Ziva is healthy but as I thought, very young.

Much too young for puppy shots although she has had her first worm pills.Much too young to have left her mother but what was I supposed to do? She is already eating raw food - not much because she is so young. But she loves what she is offered.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Does Michal have any idea what mix breeds Ziva is xxx
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I did not even ask. Michal is disgusted with the idea of raw feeding but then she is vegan so what should I expect?

Ziva is, she thinks, maximum one month, but we weighed her [on my kitchen scales] and she is not too tiny. Probably will not get that big though. Still not eating much but what she does have [sorry Michal] is raw. I take her outside and tell her to pee and she does, also poo.

So why did I buy two packs of puppy pads?

She squeaks and she bites fingers. .
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I don't like using them puppy pads as sometimes its hard to house train them when they are use to going on the pad, I think your doing best thing just keep taking her outside & telling her to go toilet xx
  9. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Malka likes this.
    Oh Malka I'm so very happy for you and the new baby...אַלץ כאַפּאַנז פֿאַר אַ סיבה
  10. Johnclick

Johnclick Member

Name:
    John
    Malka likes this.
    She is absolutely precious. You have received a blessing; a reward brought about by your love of these wonderful creatures..
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    She will not use a puppy pad but already knows to go to the door - and squeak and will follow me out and pees and poos where she decides to. So no problem about house-training as she prefers to do whatever outside although she might have peed in her crate as oit seems a bit damp. Ish. . Actually she squeaks almost non-stop when she is awake.. Was fine in her crate until around 4 am when she started squeaking. Took her out and she pee'd, back in and she slept for a while and then the squeaking started again and got louder and louder.

She is currently zonked by my feet as she wants a pick-up and not sleep in her bed.

Ziva is not going to be an easy puppy as young as she is she has already decided who is the boss in this house - and it ain't me!

- took her back and put her in her crate and got more sleep.

Must take loads of photos - if I can find where she is.
  12. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    Sounds as if there's a strong character in the making!
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tell me about it! She already shows that she thinks she is the boss but what can I do?

I have just spoken to Ram [and paid for yesterday's house call] and he said Michal reckon she is very healthy but very young.

And she SQUEAKS.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    I'm pleased that she passed her inspection. Next photo - please put her next to a can of dog food so we can judge her size.
    Cherish those squeaks and little poos - they will soon be bigger!
  15. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    I know Ziva is a collie type dog cross with a mouse lol xx
    Am glad she is settling in, does sound like her mum was outside dog, with her going toilet outside & not inside xx
    More photo's of the little cutie xxxxxx
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Apparently her dog mother was a minpin? But Ziva is already bigger, has a longish soft coat, so no idea. She loves raw food but little by little, and she squeaks. Loudly.

No I did not want a puppy but I guess I am stuck with her. And she is rather sweet! :049:
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    This is an Pin-Tzu Malka perhaps Ziva is same breed of dog (minpin / Shih Tzu) writing under picture says puppy is 9 weeks old
    PinTzuPuppyMinPinShihTzuHybridDog4.jpg
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Small, mainly black dogs here are called minpins. I have no idea what Ziva is but the "minpins" are short-coated and she has long-ish very silky hair. Well it is not short so longish. And she is on my lap at the moment so excuse typos.

I actually do not care what she is as long as she is happy, which she is - and although she has not eaten much it is raw and she loves it. No horrid sh!ts either. She pees and poos when I take her out - rapidly learning English and doing what I tell her to do and knows where her water dish is. And her bed now has a load of Pereg's soft toys in it.

Did I say she is cute? Well she is. She is not Pereg. She is not Little One. She is Ziva and she has decided that this is her home.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CuteRotts and 6JRT's like this.
    De babe slept in her crate until 5am then squeaked. Took her out and she pee'd. No pee on puppy pad in her crate.

She will not eat kibble but is fine with raw.

Oh, and did I say she is cute?
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    Ziva = “radiance, brilliance, light, God, brightness”. but they forgotten CUTE too xxx
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's, Janet and CaroleC like this.
    All that and a bit more. Just taken photos...

[​IMG]