Does Your Dog Watch TV? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by CaroleC, Sep 1, 2015.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

Does Your Dog Watch TV?

One of the most entertaining things about living with Merry is her reaction to the TV.
    She is quite discriminating about the programmes that she views, anything with DOGS! in it takes priority, especially if there are PUPPIES!, which can almost have her climbing into the screen.
    If there are no dog programmes available, she will watch something like Countryfile, but not with the same degree of dedication.
    Although I know he can see it, Eddie shows very little interest in the TV, though the sounds of dogs in rescue kennels always gets a concerned reaction.
    Here are a couple of pictures of Merry goggleboxing. Eddie is the lump in the little dog bed. (which came with him from the rescue kennels, and he refuses to give up!).

I think this was, The Secret Life of Dogs.
    DSCF2630.JPG

and this was, Britain's Got Talent - Matisse had just disappeared from the screen.
    Merry Goggling.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Pepe is the only one of mine who sits upright like Merry staring at the screen. He's not fussy about what's on - I reckon he sees us doing it and is just copying us! I've had cats which have been really comical trying to 'catch' things moving on screen.

The others will, irritatingly, react to dogs barking on the telly, particularly Chico.He also, as I mentioned on another thread, gets very excited at the EastEnders music for some reason.

Years ago we had a Poodle who got vey excited when she heard the closing music of Peyton Place because she knew that meant bedtime!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Yes, many moons ago I had a Cavalier that ran to her bed when the, News at Ten theme came on. She slept in a former wooden whelping box, (rails removed), and would continue to mutter and yip until we closed the door. Crazy dogs!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    I do not think that Tikva knows what that black thing is as I have not had it switched on since she came here.

Come to think of it, I do not know why I have a television as I reckon I have only had it switched on about two or three times since I bought it, and one of those was the Royal Wedding.
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Our tv is mounted quite high on the wall, Syd used to watch it and constantly gave his opinion on everything, didn't like dogs on the tv not even cartoons and didn't like things like Lions etc either. What is strange is Teddy never met Syd and yet does everything Syd used to do, if something comes on that offends him he launches himself off the sofa and will stand on his hind legs telling it to clear off. Stupid thing is both were / are super dog friendly, so go figure.
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Gertie the lurcher came to us with an unknown history. She spent all her time indoors relaxing (completely different outside of course - when we let her off the lead she was like a bullet out of a gun!). However, on one occasion I was watching one of the dog rescue programmes, and she became very agitated when she heard a litter of very young puppies, so I'm guessing she must have had a litter at some time.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rosie is absorbed with the TV when any animal programme is on (even adverts). She talks to the screen too, either telling them off or with her whimsical little squeak that is a sort of 'what the heck is that thing doing' :)
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    K9 is a big advert fan he can be bottom of garden which is 250 feet long & as soon as the adverts come on he comes flying in to watch them.
    Skye was watching the Edinburgh tattoo last night, think it was the violin that got her attention.
    The hooligans don't bother at all with the tv.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    At the moment, Rosie is busy telling dinasaurs off on TV. Apparently, she doesn't want them in her living room :)