Training Advice Training

Discussion in 'Leonberger' started by Rosie_Matthews2527, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Rosie_Matthews2527

Rosie_Matthews2527 New Member

Name:
    Rosie

Training Advice

Hi guys,

I am new here, but I recently rescued what they think is a leonberger mix. He is the sweetest dog, but is starting to show signs of aggression... especially towards our dog trainer. Not sure what we are doing wrong, but I was hoping you could offer some training advice? He is terrible on the leash (constantly pulling), and shows aggression towards other dogs and sometimes people. I'm at a loss because it's not all the time and as far as I know this breed isn't normally aggressive, perhaps it's the mix? Our trainer wants us to get him a full panel of blood work and make sure nothing is wrong medically with him, but also wants us to medicate and put a muzzle on him. I am very upset by this and was hoping you could offer advice on this. I can tell she is scared of him and tried gently explaining that to her but she called him a "liability" which of course made me furious. Thanks in advanced for your help! here is a picture of our Willie.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Could there possibly be a personality clash between your dog and your trainer. It's rare, but does happen on occasion
  4. Rosie_Matthews2527

Rosie_Matthews2527 New Member

Name:
    Rosie

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m not sure... but his aggression is pretty scary because he’s so big (teeth and all) and he has lunged towards her before as well... I guess it’s a possibility...
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Hi Rosie
    What a lovely photo !
    Are you going to continue with your trainer ? It sounds to me that that your not really gaining anything from her
    How old is dog ( I’m sorry I don’t know his name )
    How is your dog in general ?
    Does it seem as if he could be starting to guard you now he has spent more time with you ?
    Sorry to ask so many questions, it’s just that the more things you can tell us there is a bigger chance of someone being able to offer some trading tips
    Philippa