XXL pitbulls..?? Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Murf, Oct 16, 2011.

1. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise
    I think the dogs they originate from are beautiful. I really do.

But they look really thuggish and horrid and like they are carrying too much bulk for their legs?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I think the original PBT is far more attractive but this is JMO which is worth nothing as I know nothing about them or the conformation etc. I'm not a bull breed type person but those that have been posted look more like the devil dogs from the Ghostbusters film!
  4. twilightwolf

twilightwolf New Member

Name:
    Lone Wolf
    My thoughts exactly! :lol:

It seems the rage in america is for one of these huge pitbulls, which leaves millions of others in rescue centres across the country waiting to be destroyed. I could imagine these big xxl versions must have some underlying health problems when they are bred to be that big. As a breed, i always imagined the pitbull to be relatively healthy but when you get them super sized up and pumped with miracle grow tablets (they don't really do that!) you start to get lots of nasty medical problems arise such as hip dysplasia, breathing problems and heart problems etc etc.

They should keep the breed athletic and well proportioned as it should be; and instead of breeding these oversized, overpumped dogs they should consider rehoming one of the millions that are waiting in a kennels for a new home and a new chance.
  5. Sparx

Sparx New Member

Name:
    Adam
    what is wrong with there ears? perhaps they are crossed with a french bulldog? there ears are a bit pointed like that
  6. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Sparx you can tell that the ears are cropped, not natural, so the dogs have had theie ears unnaturally cut and shaped to be like that, which means not only having their ears cut, but the healing process from this can be a long and g
  7. Sparx

Sparx New Member

Name:
    Adam
    god thats disgusting surley thats not legal? thats worse than tail docking
  8. sueann

sueann New Member

Name:
    suey
    JMO but don't you think it should be mandatory that, if the owners get their dog's ears cropped, their ears should be done as well????
  9. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    spock ..,.
  10. Sparx

Sparx New Member

Name:
    Adam
    i can think of a few other thing i would like to crop off them owner too
  11. tragedy

tragedy New Member

Name:
    jah
    Very ugly...
  12. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    well.my dogs ears are cropped.and the dogs that you see here are a cross breed, look up razers edge pitbulls.get educated.respectfully. iv got 2 of these dogs, most cropps are cosmetic and not nessesary.in my case they were done for the hunt..most dogo get them damaged on the hunt.we all have dogs that were designed for what we like.ear cropping is just another way to get a certian look.and is banned in alot of areas and is growing...tradition in some breedes is slipping away from the cropped look.tail docking also.im not here to do any argueing, or take sides.if you got any questions id be happpy to help.respectfully
  13. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    oh yes.its not a d1ck thing buy the way!.dont hate a look, there the only dog i trust with my kids .do your home work. spead the love!!!please dont take me to seriouse.there just a dog
  14. sueann

sueann New Member

Name:
    suey
    thanks for the reply. It's the people who do it because they think it makes their dogs look cool/mean/whatever. They are the ones who should have their ears done too. I will admit that I never thought of the dogs that are still used regularly in hunting and I apologize for that. I realize that, for them, it's probably a necessity and I can see that it would be way better to have their ears cropped than to get them ripped off. Can you tell I'm a city person? It's a bit like those people who buy those big 4WDs then never take them out of the city. It's all about "the look"...a status thing, I think. I saw this dog the other day and thought what the hell is that? it was a Rottweiler with its natural tail. makes you wonder what else we do simply because it's tradition? cheers,
  15. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    cropping a pit bull for instance, is primarily done fom money/. and the cool factor. for me, in my situation i do live in the country.semi isolated,cottage country,iv got 2 dogos that are cropped, not my choise,rescues.on my property they LOOK ,alert.not many pepole approch the dogs, they are hard to read with,ears up!the pits who are not cropped, people tend to appoch more so than if they were cropped.whether its right or wrong there is a value to cropping, in my case ,property protection is what i do and its a cropped dog that people pay attention to...its the look not the dog....is it nessasary?not really in my opinion
  16. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    the look....iv got a 49 willys jeep! 33 tires and its a mudder jeep,back roads and swamps...were i live,the dogs i have and the life style...is who i am...i to, lived in the city,and lots of dogs who are cropped and owners who play the role.its just the way it is and its then down fall of the pit and power breeeds...you dont have to make a dog look that way..there scary enough.....!!!:shock:
  17. Lugavnoff

Lugavnoff New Member

Name:
    Lugavnoff
    Most XL Bullies are obese, very inactive, and are cross bred with Mastiffs and than inbred to create the same look over and over(with more and more health problems, ha) I have seen people go as far as mother/son and father/daughter breeding in these dogs, and it makes me sick. I like my Bully and APBTs Standard, and that's it. I hate seeing all this hype about exotic, XL, pocket, etc. It's ruining the breed.
  18. sueann

sueann New Member

Name:
    suey
    I love that video!
  19. Marty Dennison

Marty Dennison New Member

Name:
    Marty Dennison
  20. Marty Dennison

Marty Dennison New Member

Name: