My ears, my ears... Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Jul 19, 2019.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.

Doggies
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    mjfromga likes this.
    Wow, the little lad who didn't want to move from your side has found his feet thanks to his big brother :)
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    It is lovely to see the two of them racing around together - I am not sure which one enjoyed it most but they both look very happy! [​IMG]
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yup. He likes the yard now and follows Nigredo all over. Still an extreme nuisance inside the house but its getting better slowly. He's still extremely active and hyper and easily runs Nigredo ragged.

Eh Nigredo is getting old and has never had the best hips so it is nice to see him have a little jog on his own. He is known to be VERY lazy. I'm glad to see it, as well.
  6. Myles the gsp

Myles the gsp New Member

Name:
    Hollie
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Thanks. His ears look much less silly these days.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    He's growing up nicely. Still think he's very spaniel like :)
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I wish I knew the temperament of Spaniels. He acts NOTHING like a Labrador. Doesn't look anything like one anymore either.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Read up on the Springer Spaniel - busy, busy, busy :)
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    According to his Embark, Malone does not have any Springer Spaniel in him. In addition, that breed is very uncommon here. He DOES however have a good amount of Cocker Spaniel in him. I will go read about them some more. I did read about them and they seemed to be a fairly docile breed for a Spaniel. Nothing like Malone.
  12. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka likes this.
    Mr. Brown this morning. He is steadily losing baby teeth now. Finally coming of age. He's bad sometimes but I love him still. 0917191027~2.jpg
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    He is very handsome and his coat is so shiny that it looks like it has been polished!
  14. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    mjfromga likes this.
    He's looking like a proper dog now and a handsome one at that rather than a 'ickle puppy.
  15. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Thanks ladies. He is looking less puppyish, now if only he would ACT less puppyish.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    He will - eventually! My little booga thought she was a puppy until not so long ago, and still acts like one at times, throwing her toys all over the house and in the yard :rolleyes:
  17. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    True. Malone doth STINKETH and has some fleas and his his nails need doing... So I booked him an appointment at the local groomer for a flea bath and trim. He will act bad - but that is THEIR problem now... MWAHAHAHAHA.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    [​IMG] I am sure he will lurve it... NOT!
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    After thinking and dealing with someone rude at the vet... I sent them this detailed email and am going to be searching for a new vet to take Malone

"Hello. My name is Myra. The email on file is [redacted]. After much research and thought, I have decided that I will take all of Malone's care elsewhere.

The vet tried to tell me I NEEDED to neuter my dog or he would run away. Early neutering is not advised and can cause health problems later on.

She also told me that for this same reason, he needed to wear a collar while at home always. Dogs should not wear collars all the time. Would you like wearing a necklace all the time?

They wormed him without asking me and charged $20 for it when it can be done cheaper at the to-go vets. Also they asked me to bring in poop NEXT TIME. Why worm him BEFORE the poop sample?

They always push heartworm medication on me. I have had dogs for ages and never had heartworm and do not use regular preventative. I just know how to care for my pets. I always buy the heartworm medication they ask me to though.

He has had too many vaccines and last time I was not happy with how he was handled.

He was scared and did not like a thermometer up his butt so he begun to thrash. They never asked for me to come comfort him or try to calm him... which other vets always do when a dog is anxious. They struggled to restrain him. They ended up LIFTING him into the air. He DOES NOT like being picked up so continued to thrash.

The lady said he tried to bite her. Um he is scared and AIRBORNE... Just MAYBE he is trying to escape what may feel like impending doom in whatever way he knows how.

Then she goes... "No we don't bite. You are too young for that... You don't want that on your record at this age." She was really going to try to give a 15 week old puppy a RECORDED BITE HISTORY had he been able to bite her. They probably took 10 minutes or more just to get his temperature. They then brought in a third person to vaccinate him. The level of incompetence really shocked me.

I understand that he needed meds for his coccidia and worms at first... But he is a normal healthy growing puppy and doesn't need constant meds and whatnot.

This puppy was given to me by a lady off the streets for free. He was going to die if I didn't take him. I love him to bits and that is why I kept bringing him even though it was getting expensive and begun to feel unnecessary and inconvenient.

He's had so many vaccines close together and they make him sleepy sometimes. The vet tried to say that the ordeal is what causes it. No. Malone can run and play for ages and not be sleepy. A vet visit isn't enough activity to make him sleepy.

In addition to trying to get me to buy things and have procedures I do not want... when I asked if they could microchip him, the vet said she would do it when he had his upcoming neuter in a few months. I already told her I was ADAMANT on not neutering this early but I wanted the microchip while he was still young like I do all my pets. She said it "hurt her heart" to do the chipping on conscious animals. She would not do it.

I just wanted to voice my concerns here in writing where I can gather all my thoughts. I am going to be taking him where my mother takes her cat Blue most of the time.

Blue used to be a patient of yours as well. She is a nearly 20 year old cat with asthma and you guys wanted pricey exams and blood tests to give her the prednisone that she needs. She is very old, and reasonable vets help keep her comfortable and just give her the meds that help her rather than trying to upsell services and cause her extra stress with blood tests.

I wanted to request Malone's full vet records and know when I can come pick them up."

They did not even try to address my concerns... Vets here are often SO money hungry and annoying. Hard to trust them. These people won't be getting any more of my money or mishandling my little man anymore. His temperament is not great but they could and should have done better.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    She said WHAT???
    And she is a vet? Smh. Vadim, our Local Authority Vet, microchipped Lexi, Pereg, and then Tikva when he came to give them their first rabies shots, and it took seconds to do it. None of them even noticed it, same as none of them ever did/do notice shots. AND he never charged me, just as he never charges me for the mandatory yearly rabies shots. Microchips and rabies shots cannot be given by private vets, only Municipality or Local Authority vets, who then register them with the Ministry of Agriculture under the owner's ID number.

Ram, my lovely vet definitely does not overcharge for anything and he never tries to sell anything either. He also never charges for tipping Tikki's nails and she will be ecstatically happy to see him when he comes next week.

I have said it before and I will say it again - I wish everyone had a vet like Ram.
  21. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I agree. To hear her say that was pure nonsense. She just REALLY wanted to neuter my dog. I just got the emailed vet records... And I see they have noted it, as well. Here are two screenshots.

She REALLY tried to bully me into getting him neutered at 5-6 months and I did refuse. And she kept trying and so I refused again.

I also see they noted that he was not having ANY of that temperature taking. He did act bad, but they did not handle it well at all. Now the task is to find a vet that is better... Which is not easy.

Screenshot_2019-09-18-12-36-23.png Screenshot_2019-09-18-12-36-03.png