Any help thanks Questions

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by andynala1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. andynala1

andynala1 New Member

Name:
    Andynala

Any help thanks

My friend has had to rehome her bulldog Nala and I was the one to step in already loving this breed, not had any experience with them before but have been brought up around powerful dogs.
    Nala isn’t just a little pup she’s 10 months old so she’s already a big girl I didn’t expect her to be so big if I’m honest lol.
    First night wasn’t the best for her but I walked her a lot to try keep her mind occupied (still do) I’ve only had her a couple of days so all this is still a shock I’m imagining, yesterday I trusted her to walk off leash as we were in a rural area of woods and nobody was around, she did great, followed me around and stuck behind or just infront of me so the walking part is good, she won’t walk with anyone beside me and she doesn’t like it when I leave I let her on my bed she won’t leave the bed until I do either. She doesn’t really listen in the house apart from sitting and getting treats. Few issues however that I’m concerned about, she growled at my partners Gran earlier today now she’s scared to come round the house, I was in bed and my partner had her at the door and she wouldn’t move (she won’t go with anyone beside atm besides me as I said) I know this is all new and still a shock and maybe she wasn’t frightened I don’t know, I really love this dog already and I’m not giving up on her even if family etc don’t agree, I just need some input from experienced owners.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. andynala1

andynala1 New Member

Name:
    Andynala
    Btw this is Nala, how gorgeous

Attached Files:

4. Sarah Cartwright

Sarah Cartwright New Member

Name:
    Reggie
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hi, I had my AB from 5 1/2 weeks old, (too young to be away from his mum) I was deceived!
    I recall him at 6 months old, trying to push every boundary known. I had no intention of rehoming him, I tried training classes and as he wasn’t food oriented he was proving to be very stubborn and strong willed. He was quite nervous also, so didn’t like stern or raised voices.
    I found that huge amounts of praise for good behaviour was and still is more agreeable and I started doing this with great results.
    If he misbehaved I found that ignoring him after I had raised my voice worked also. I’m definitely not saying that this will work for your dog, I’m just sharing some advice that fortunately worked for me and Reggie.
    I hope you find a solution!