Is she a pure GSD? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Boulevard, Sep 11, 2021.

?

GSDxBelgian Mal?

1. Pure GSD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GSD x Belgian Mal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. GSD x some other breed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Boulevard

Boulevard New Member

Name:
    Boulevard

Is she a pure GSD?

Hello,
    I rescued my 11mo old puppy 3 days ago.
    I am pretty sure she is GSD but can she be a mix of something else too? Someone mentioned she could be a Belgian Mal mix. She has a lean body and a long tail. Not sure if she is too thin or that is her natural stature. Her coat on back is mixture of black and brown. Upon further examination, just the tip of the coat is black and inside all brown.
    Oh and people sometimes ask if she is a Belgian Mal when we take a walk. I dont have much knowledge of this breed so I am surprised when I get this question because I thought she just looked like a GSD.
    Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cross posted at Belgian Mal forum for better results.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    There was a similar post a few weeks back, same question same breeds.
    From the pictures she looks like a 'patterned sable’ gsd.
    If you really want to know for sure, DNA testing is the way to go.

Purebred or not, she is very pretty.
  4. Lucas Miller

Lucas Miller New Member

Name:
    Lucas
    From the looks of these pictures, I feel that that is a pure breed of German Shepherd, as I also have two Fully Trained German Shepherds that I bought from Precision Protection Dogs and both of them are pure breeds of German Shepherds, which enables me to come to the conclusion that this dog is a pure breed of German Shepherd. Based on the photos, I can see that the dog has a stocky, athletic build with a thick coat and pointed ears. These are all characteristics of a pure breed German Shepherd, indicating that this is likely a pure breed. In addition, the facial features of this dog also match those of a German Shepherd, with a strong jawline and dark eyes, further pointing to the conclusion that this is indeed a pure breed German Shepherd. It is my hope that my suggestion will be helpful.
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    As this thread is over a year old, it appears you are just advertising for a breeder against forum rules.