1 year old American Bulldog Rescue

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by Kimberely Shoub, May 10, 2023.

1. Kimberely Shoub

Kimberely Shoub New Member

Name:
    Kimberely

1 year old American Bulldog

Hello, I have a 1 year old American Bulldog fully registered to be bred. She has never been bred before. She used to be in the house but she was to hyper around my small children and I had stuff come up that I do not get the time I wish I had to spend with her and train her. She is a very sweat dog and loves to climb up in your lap to set like a baby. If anyone knows someone who is looking for a female American bulldog I would like to see her go to a good home or if someone knows of a way to get her trained I would appreciate any help thanks.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    It is against forum rules to advertise rehoming, so I won't address that.

As for "if someone knows of a way to get her trained" - yes, and all things considered, it's actually very easy. Find yourself a positive based trainer (no e-collars, prong collars, etc) and put in the time and effort with her.

For better or worse, you bought a living breathing sentient being. Just like with kids, you need to put in the effort and give them the love and attention they need. Dogs (cats, horses, rabbits, parrots, and so on) are not objects that you can just relegate to the garage, or backyard, when you don't have time to play with them. You made a commitment to meet their needs and wants. And just like with their kids, simply shoving a problem you created onto someone else isn't right.

Change your thinking. Make a committed and permanent decision to meet yourdog's needs and wants. Get professional help for sure, but you can't just send the dog away to some boarding training facility (and those are most often the worst trainers because 1) they don't realize that training involves training the owner as well as the dog) and 2) you have no way to know how they are treating your dog if you aren't there, so while they may say they only use positive training methods, as soon as you drive away, they are using cruel and inhumane methods) and expect your dog to be the perfect dog.

Put the effort into your dog yourself.