16 wo Puppy no longer sleeping through night Behaviour

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog' started by Lindisay, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Lindisay

Lindisay New Member

Name:
    Lindsay

16 wo Puppy no longer sleeping through night

Hi! I have a 16 week old bernese puppy, who up until the last two or so weeks was sleeping completely through the night. He would still wake up early, about 6 am, because that is when one of our housemates would wake up so he got in a routine with that. However, the past couple weeks he has been waking up at 3am barking non-stop. I've tried feeding him earlier, feeding him later, keeping him up later to burn energy, etc. Any advice on why he might be regressing?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not think that changing his feeding times/keeping him up later will help - if anything it could cause him to be confused because of changes to his routine. He is only a baby and any change in his routine can thrown things out of kilter.

Have you perhaps increased/changed his food recently because possibly that could cause him to wake up due to needing to go out to empty his bladder or bowels more often.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What do you do when he wakes up at 3am ?
  5. DickLeon

DickLeon New Member

Name:
    DickLeon
    You might wanna double-check his diet first, if there haven’t been any changes at all, then getting in touch with a vet will be the only option. Getting in touch with a vet over a call would suffice I think. There are some online portals that can help you with this. I searched for some myself and found a couple which looked ok -. You can find their contact details via these portals and once you’ve got them, you can then go ahead and give them a call for further discussion.