2 dogs, how do people manage? General Chat

Discussion in 'Golden Retriever' started by pam2, Jul 11, 2007.

1. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam

2 dogs, how do people manage?

Little Charlie has settled down and I have a chance to come on here, I don't know how people with more than 2 dogs manage, I am exhausted chasing after Charlie (pup) and still looking after Ben. I'm beginning to think I am making too much work for myself and need to chill out more :) .
    Charlie is now on a lead when in the garden, he's not walking on it, more jumping around on the other end :mrgreen: as he seems to delight in jumping on all the plants, and digging (maybe thats a retriever thing).
    My poor garden has taken a beating in only a week:roll:
    Still he is great, knows sit, settle down and even responds to Charlie here, when he feels like it :mrgreen: He is food orientated so that will help, still hates the crate but has taken to sleeping half on and half off the base of the fireplace, it's quite funny when he falls asleep and then falls off.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dori-katie

dori-katie New Member

Name:
    Sarah-Jane Ruthwell
    I think it is a retriever thing our garden is no more :-(
    I bet he is lovely though have you got any more pic's of him :grin:
  4. pam2

pam2 New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Hi DK, I have just taken some photo's of Charlie today, before he ate the only nice Hosta plant I had left!!
    He is coming on a treat, follows Ben around, which is handy when we are trying to teach him recall!!
    He is rather greedy, we have had to move the cat's dinner and Ben's out of his way :roll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. sjpurt

sjpurt New Member

Name:
    sam
    oh what a sweetie love your pics
  6. dori-katie

dori-katie New Member

Name:
    Sarah-Jane Ruthwell
    He is so gorgeous, just love seeing pic's of him :grin:
    [​IMG]
  7. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    He is looking really well, bless his little heart, he looks so cute sprawled out on the hearth.

If you think 2 dogs are hard work just imagine what its like here :shock: . Just kidding, I don't think 12 dogs are much more work than 2 or 3, apart from the grooming and pickingup side of things.

Lovely photos :grin:
  8. sarah8

sarah8 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Loved your pics. What a sweetie!
  9. elmac13

elmac13 New Member

Name:
    eleanor
    Aww he's gorgeous. Yes Pam I find it quite exhausting having two as well...they both have different things to watch out for foibles etc.
  10. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Oh bless him - he's lovely!
  11. CockerMum

CockerMum New Member

Name:
    kitty (aka Paige)
    Well i'm not sure about 12!!!!! ;-) ;-) but i can say that five aren't really much more hard work than when i had just two. it's just holding all those leads out on walks that i find the hardest. so we tend to find off lead walks and drive there rather then walk even if just down the road. and remembering to take a whole roll of pooh bags not just a handful :) because i always need one more then i have :roll:

Charlie is just beautiful. more piccy's please!!!!!
  12. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    The last time I had two dogs was back in 1996! Never had less than 3 since! I have to say I don't find it a chore at all. I love it!
    Becky
  13. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    awww so cute!!!!!

we have 3 dogs, 1 more dosent make much difference tbh lol!!! (mum would disagree :lol:)
  14. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    at present i have three dogs ages from 5,(lady) 3 (skye ) and the terror beau whos 16mnths , but i love haven three and could not imagine less , before beau was born i had juke lady and skye , your beautiful baby is soooooo cute i love the pics xxxDK [​IMG]
  15. sjpurt

sjpurt New Member

Name:
    sam
    hi i have got 5 doglets taz +jrt3yrs, smudge +jrt 1yr 3month, trigger + prt 1yr roo + 1yr prt and gizmo 5mths lab
    have no probs with them they are great and i also look aftermy nephews dog emma 1yr staff x while he is at work so i have 6 doglets every day :)