2 irish staffy bitches - what to expect? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jenks, Mar 9, 2008.

1. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    lol what I think it meens is the first bit of trouble between the litter sisters and his or her uncle will take one of the bitches.:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Thanks, Dave :D
    [​IMG]
  4. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    the first person to coin the term "Irish Saff" was Shaun Barker it was then used by a gang of sad Tw*ts in Irland called "Farmers boys" a dog fighting gang who realised it would be easy to pass of pitbull type dogs as "Irish Staffs" for import to the uk and all over Europe. before this they used lab x or staff x on the dog passport.

no not all Irish staffs are blue you can get KC a reg blue staff! lol if you want to pay upto a grand for a dog that is!!
    lol talk about peddlers!

lol see my past post about tabloids and sh*ty tv doc's! waste of time program!

spot on my friend. the pit came out of the am staff.
  5. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    You sure about the pitt coming from the Am Staff,
    http://www.nyx.net/~mbur/apbtfaqover.html

A bit of it reads,
    The immediate ancestors of the APBT were Irish and English pit fighting dogs imported to the States in the mid-19th century. Once in the United States, the breed diverged slightly from what was being produced back in England and Ireland. In America, where these dogs were used not only as pit fighters, but also as catch dogs (i.e., for forcibly retrieving stray hogs and cattle) and as guardians of family, the breeders started producing a slightly larger, leggier dog. However, this gain in size and weight was small until very recently.

In 1936, thanks to "Pete the Pup" in the "Lil Rascals" and "Our Gang" who familiarized a wider audience with the APBT, the AKC jumped on the bandwagon and registered the breed as the "Staffordshire Terrier". This name was changed to "American Staffordshire Terrier" (AST) in 1972 to distinguish it from its smaller, "froggier", English cousin the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
  6. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    It is a shame for the breed that so many folk use them to mask pit bulls, can anyone remember the programe covering pits being brought in from someone in Ireland under the name of Irish staff,,, think the woman doing it got nabbed by the film crew in the end, they posed as buyers of a pit bull,,,, this is where people get all confused about whats what,,, dougie was working in glasgow a few months ago, there was another workman in the same street doing work, who brought his dog to work every day,,{not linked to dougies company just a builder or something doing some work on a house,} dougie said the chap showed him the dog and told him its an Irish staff then winked,,, dougie said its a fecking pit bull, the guy just laughed and said yup thats right an irish staff
  7. jenks

jenks New Member

Name:
    colin
    i giv up let you no in a years time wot happens bye
  8. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    OK :mrgreen: I believe you, could have fooled me
  9. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Think that ISBT are not Pit Bulls but some Pit Bulls are called ISBT. Also think some people who are trying to 'replace' the true Pit are making simular crosses to those who breed the ISBT.
  10. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

I wouldnt have guessed it either,, must need to be a staffy owner to understand the lingo,,,,,joke ,,,,,,you should hear the rottie lingo round the dog shows,,it goes somit like,,,,, Eye thats a heep o shat that dug,,,it inbread,,, if its even the dug its says it ment to be,,,,,,dinny go near that fir a stud, n shes a fecking cow and a robbin bass,,,,, such lovely lot,,,:shock:
  11. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    awe dont be like that,,,were a nice bunch ok a bit deranged at times but once you get to know us we are quite a good laugh,,honest,,,,,,:grin:
  12. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Don't worry Jenks, I just did not understand what you posted but we will get used to your ways so carry on and wait for us to catch up. :lol:
  13. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    thats about it Sal but weren't the english pit dogs of the 19th century staffies! and when they got to America over time became am staffs which can be duel reg' as pit bulls!:? it's all very confuseing lol
  14. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    don't give up fella! I felt like that at first but it's worth stickin' around there are loads of nice people on here with lots of knowlage and good advice! even if it's not what you want to hear it's all sound advice from experinced dog owners.:grin: ;-)

I get the impression some times that some people think I'm just having a go at them! but I'm not I just like a good debate! and I think most people here are just the same! so give us all a chance and you like it here!:grin: :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
  15. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    I agree it does get very confusing,the pit dogs probably were Staffies but not as we now know them nor did they have the name of staffords.
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    My friend bred a litter last year and thre were blues in it, she sold them for the same price as all the others. £450.
  17. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    then Dawn your friend is a one in a million because there are 100 so called breeders to her one out there who would sell those few blue pups for at least twice that!

yes lol I know that is 1 in a 100!:roll: lol
  18. scruffydog

scruffydog New Member

Name:
    saz
    i agree most people are breeding the blue staffie to sell for more money claiming that they are rare.
  19. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    As a matter of interest why on earth would a blue be worth more than any other colour?

Would think the most difficult colour to produce would be a good solid black with no flecking or brown shading, but may be not.
  20. scruffydog

scruffydog New Member

Name:
    saz
    because people are told that they are rare so they are willing to fork out for them.
    some people will beleive anyting if told.
    its totally ridiculus(sp)
  21. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    There not rare,no colour in SBT's is rare,there also not worth anymore money than any other colour.
    In all Black staffords you will get brindle,you will never get a solid black.