2 years old Northern Inuit in rescue General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Murf, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Ahh, ok..

Is it not really odd tho??

I question their description..she gets all shirty with me and then the ad dissapears?

Hopefully it means someone sensible has rehomed her...but hopefully they have also researched on their own and not taken what they have said as gospel..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chellie

Chellie New Member

Name:
    Chellie
    They have asked NIS but it appears that as she isn't registered with them or bred by one of them they can't help. Their priorities are their own registered rescues.
  4. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    How sad :(
  5. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    In all fairness it should be the breeders' responsibility to take on the dog, not a society who has no connections to the dog, the breeder or the owner. It's like any other breed rescue, especially as the funds are voluntary contributions and voluntary time on the part of the foster owners. Having taken on a couple of NI fosters myself I can understand the importance of only taking on registered NIs from known breeders.

The owner of the dog has had to move away from her mum for work reasons and the dog can't go with her.
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Many breed rescues will take types...I find it sad that they will not at least try and help.

But I agree - should be down to the breeder.
  7. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    They did try to help, but priority has to be given to registered dogs, there are already a few in foster who need to be found homes as well and in the current climate there aren't that many people who have the time and finances to dedicate in fostering these dogs, sad as it is. The owner was allowed to post a description and pictures of the dog on the society forum and members have tried to do what they can to find her a home as well as offering possible solutions such as daycare or finding accommodation that would allow dogs, both too expensive for the owner. :-(

So far as I am aware, the society wasn't notified she had been placed in rescue until after the deed had been done. :cry:
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    If more breeders took the dogs back that would free up some space ref the foster carers, I guess. Out of interest Kalasin, when the breeder is known , but the dog is fostered away from the breeder, who pays for the rescue dogs up keep until s/he is rehomed? I am assumming it is the breeder, or is it the owner who can no longer offer a forever home? Assumming the owner is one that truly cares of course.
  9. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    Well with the two I've had, the first was paid for by the society. They paid for her to be spayed, to have her vaccinations which were out of date and for her upkeep whilst she was staying with me. The second was paid for by the breeder who could not take the dog in at that time because her bitches were in season, he also needed a lot of attention due to being underweight and having severe separation anxiety so it was good for him to be with me and with Kiba because it helped him settle quickly so we could sort out his weight.

The first foster I took on, the previous owners never contacted me again after I took her on :cry: the second foster I took on I have since met up with the previous owners and have shared pictures with them :)
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Do all the dogs get spayed and neutered now before they get rehomed? I hope so , that would be so much better to limit abuse and the dogs falling into the wrong hands, (I am thinking about a particular bitch now, poor, poor girl, don't get me wrong she was sold on, as a brood bitch by a so called caring breeder, she no longer breeds to my knowledge).

If people were more caring and responsible, wouldn't it be such a better place. I know I am talking about a world that will never be, but still.....
  11. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    Yes, that's the policy of the society, to have all rescues spayed or neutered before being rehomed. Our girl was spayed whilst she was with us, the boy was neutered before by his previous owner. I also think it's a good idea to neuter before rehoming...it stops irresponsible people buying a 'cheaper' dog with possibly little history with the sole intention of breeding.
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Do they know who bred the dog then??

Or is it more a case of they don't know so they won't take her..which means she "might" belong to one of the groups
  13. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    I think they know who bred the dog and it's not an NIS registered breeder.
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Are the parents NIDs?
  15. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    I don't know who the parents are :-( it hasn't been mentioned. I don't even know who the breeder is, only that they're not registered.
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Lets just hope she finds a decent, forever home xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  17. Kalasin

Kalasin New Member

Name:
    Kalasin
    I hope so, she's a beautiful girl who deserves the perfect forever home! So heartbreaking to see these dogs go into rescue. Wish I had more space and didn't have the business to think about.
  18. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    This girl is being re-homed because her owner is moving away to another location to work for the RSPCA. It is a sad irony :-( Louise the woman is upset as it is at having to re-home her girl without splitting hairs on a breed description. Not trying to be nasty here just I agee that it's more important that this lovely girl finds a forever loving home.
    Valerie

19. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    It is very sad - but it does no good to anyone, rescue society/previous owner or new owner to be giving false information in the advert :(

As I said - I really hope this girl finds her forever home soon.
  20. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I think the thing that worries me about the ad being wrong is if they cant even get the basic facts of the breed right then how are they going to find her the right home? It also seems a bit lazy to me of them, a quick google search soon tells you the correct info on the NI.

That aside its a sad situation and i really hope this girls get the best new home.
  21. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Rachel and Tassle I agree and really hope Mia finds her forever home as I like so many others here are saddened to see so many re-homes. Just a shame the RSPCA had no doggy day care and that there was no other solution :-( Hope she finds someone that will love her for all of her life! xxx