9 month old female General Chat

Discussion in 'Cane Corso' started by Mikecorso4life, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Mikecorso4life

Mikecorso4life New Member

Name:
    Mike

9 month old female

My 9 month old was eating around 6 cups a day. I cut her back to around 4 or 5 and she started losing weight so im jumping her back up to 6 cups.. is it normal for her to eat more than recommended? She is currently on 4heath grain free from tractor supply. We also put about 1/2 cup of cooked rice and cooked eggs in with her meals
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mikecorso4life

Name:
    Mike
    PMack67 likes this.
    20190826_184506.jpg
  4. Mikecorso4life

Name:
    Mike
  5. powbass

powbass New Member

Name:
    jeff
    I am about in the same boat, female GWP whelped 4/17/19, Doing fine on 4health, don't measure, fed twice a day, When Is GWP considered full grown? Thinking about
    going to once a day feeding.. thanks for a reply
  6. Mikecorso4life

Name:
    Mike
    I dont know much about a GWP. Sorry man
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have fed all my dogs twice a day. It stops them from having that acid stomach thing, when they bring up a little bile, and with larger breeds it can help to prevent bloat.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    The amount on the back of the packs is a guide only.

Like us, dogs have individual metabolisms so if feeding more doesn't pile on the pounds, it's OK to do so.

Obviously, if the amount is truly excessive and the dog can't maintain a healthy weight then a vet visit is in order
  9. Mikecorso4life

Name:
    Mike
    Yea she isnt having a hard time keeping the pounds on for sure.. just has an appetite. I adjusted her intake and she seems to have adjusted well.. No sloppy stool and looks better. I also started raw and she really loves that! I feel like the best thing ive done is stop over thinking and just feed my dog lol.. thanks for the reply
  10. Agatha & Bruce

Agatha & Bruce New Member

Name:
    Josh Hansen
    my 11 month old Corso eats about 4 cups mixed with one can wet a day split into 2 servings I feed her diamond naturals large breed puppy and the suggested amount for her is 5 to 6 cups But she just doesn’t eat that much.
  11. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    Personally, if I was a dog, I would really prefer getting fed twice daily. I don’t think I’d like watching my humans have multiple meals and me sitting there with an empty stomach.
    Dogs stomachs empty after a few hours. They also get hunger headaches just like all mammals (I read about mammal headaches in a book, it sounds feasible).