A few sighthounds you might not heard of. Photos

Discussion in 'Hound Forum' started by Kitkat_, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    I don't know many breeders, although like the look of the Tombouktou Azawakhs. That is the only main breeder that pops up on a Google search.

I'm not sure the Sloughi is that well known.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Yes she is the breeder I know through Facebook, she has some beautiful dogs and her puppies are amazing, I know someone in the UK who just has a pup imported from her.

I will add the Sloughi on later then. I did put a post on their breed section recently
  4. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    Ooh, you need to get that person on here pronto! I want to see a baby Azawakh! I can't believe how wrinkly and saggy they look as tiny babies. So blimmin' cute! :D
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    Stunning dogs :049:
  6. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    Sloughi
    The Sloughi is a breed that emanates from the deserts and mountains of North Africa, having existed there for many centuries as a typical working sighthound. Like many hunters, he tends to be a trifle stand-offish with strangers, but is affectionate to those he knows and trusts.

The name Sloughi dates back to the Middle Ages and the dog may have as one of his ancestors a type of wolfhound that existed centuries ago in North Africa, particularly the Sahara Desert region, and that, in turn, originated in Saudi Arabia. Though the breed has been on the European show scene for a number of years, it is only since the latter part of the twentieth century that the Sloughi has been known in the UK.

Although he has never gained great popularity in the Great Britain, he makes a pleasing and striking pet, with a quiet, clean nature. He loves to run and needs plenty of exercise. A tall dog, he has long, thin oval feet, supporting his none too broad or deep chest on long, well-muscled legs.

This is another breed that is easy to keep clean. He has a tough, fine coat, which is most frequently sable or fawn, though he is also seen as brindle, white or even black with tan points.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]