A good price for Miniature Schnauzer Questions

Discussion in 'Miniature Schnauzer' started by pippam, Jan 30, 2011.

1. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a

A good price for Miniature Schnauzer

Getting a Miniture Shnauzer in March what would be a good price to pay??

Herd some chatter about endorced pricers on bitches should a bitch be more then a dog?? Or is this a scam for the breeder just to get more cash like adding Teacup next to a yorkie or a chihuahua?? What should I look out for??
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. spockky boy

spockky boy New Member

Name:
    qwerty
    I thought you had done your research? :002:

Bitches and dogs should be the same price. Some people like to charge more for females because they can be bred from in future- it is a scam. Not one worth buying in to either.
  4. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a
    the basic stuff you have to ask yourself before you get a dog ive done all that ive been reading some threads and found one that mentioned that some bitches were worth more then others it seems a lot of advertisers do this ive notticed on puppy for sale sites ive seen recomendations for prices on shnauzers but want to find out more about why some breeders charge more for bitches if their was a reason for it.

I think ive found everything out then I find more stuff out then want to know more about it 0.o''
  5. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Shouldn't pay more for a bitch from a good breeder.

I recently went through the same whole process and ended up going for a breeder through personal recommendations (she is actually a Dogsey member). I was prepared to wait for a puppy if necessary and also to travel a fair way to fetch him!

If you go on the Kennel Club web-site there will be lists of breeders with pups ready to go. You still need to do all the normal checks however. Once you have have the names of the parents(pedigree) you can search their health database to make sure they have had the relevant health tests. The KC site also lists the breed specific tests.....
  6. spockky boy

spockky boy New Member

Name:
    qwerty
    From the post you deleted yesterday on your thread you were asking questions such as:

How many times a day does a puppy need to be fed?
    At what age should the puppy come home?
    When does the puppy need to be vaccinated?

I personally think that if you are asking some of these questions then ideally you need to put off buying a puppy so soon, and perphaps read up more on dog care. I know you can't learn everything, a lot of things you learn as you go along. But IMO you are rushing in to buying before you are ready.

A good book I picked up a few weeks ago from Waterstones titled "Dog care and training" by Knack. Really easy read and well illustrated I think. Broken down into easy to read sections such as :

Why get a dog
    Breeds
    pedigreee dogs and cross breeds
    Puppy buying
    dog gear
    feeding
    vaccination/worming/de-flea-ing
    Grooming
    Behavious problems
    Health care and concerns

To name but a few sections. Well worth a read IMO for the novice or new dog owner.
  7. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Can I also recommend The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey.
    And excellent book - it'll tell you everything you need to know including how to find a good breeder and what to look for when choosing a puppy.