A 'Pugalier'...???! General Chat

Discussion in 'Pug' started by TabithaJ, Mar 6, 2011.

1. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    2 very unhealthy breeds bred together. GENIUS.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

Well said!!!
  4. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    See, I knew someone would say that :roll: which is exactly why I put majority :roll: also, even if they were bred to be lap dogs, they still had a purpose!

And? Point being? There is so much controversy over the NI breeding… not really the greatest example.

But most ‘Labradoodle’ breeders arent doing it for a purpose. The guy who started the breeding has admitted it failed, and people are still doing first crosses, what is that going to achieve? They are never going to become a breed, coz very few people are actually trying to achieve something! Trying to create a new breed, is extremely difficult, and takes so much planning… the way they are being bred, is never going to create something specific.

I don’t think we need more breeds coz there are so many breeds for people to choose from… I don’t see how people can be stuck for what breed to choose. Too many dogs are dying through lack of homes, and then there are people churning out puppies… even the very few who are trying to achieve something, will need to produce loads of puppies who arent what they are looking for to continue breeding.
  5. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab

I totally agree with the points you have made here.
  6. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Well, I just popped into the small Tesco's on my way back from dog training class and looked at their notice board whilst I was waiting.

There is a "Jug" puppy for sale -a steal at only £250! Fully vaccinated and comes with all equipment etc. Owner now finding that dog doesn't like being left all day on its own whilst she works. The breeder obviously vetted that home properly (mind you I guess potential owners don't always tell the truth)
  7. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Or breeders of this particular "designer" breed couldnt care less and just wanted the cash :evil::twisted: