A quick NI-BI question

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Apr 5, 2009.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Just wondering which clubs pedigrees you are refering to?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi WW
    Given that they all came from the same dogs i should imagine it affects all clubs pedigree's.
  4. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    All of them of course
  5. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    it appears from the beginning there were so many breeds used i dont suppose it matters which club. i think its more about the "look" of these dogs than anything else.
  6. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    With you now calling these dogs a 'type' rather than a breed, will you be updating your website? The parts where you refer to the NID as a breed?
  7. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    are they a "type of breed" or a "breed of type"?
  8. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

lol i love that question :lol:
    I think in all fairness as they are unrecognised and never will be you could only say they are a 'type of dog'
    They would probably do best under the heading of 'wolf lookalike' imo
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Well, being unrecognised would not stop them being a breed.
  10. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I don't refer to them as a breed - but a type.

I have put a profile up of the Northern Inuit as these are slightly different from what I am breeding now and people still like to THINK of NI as a breed. But to me - they are a type of dog which incorporates all the wolfy looking breeds (NI, BI, Ute etc).
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  11. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Omg, you really do see what you want to dont you :roll: try reading what is actually there, rather than reading between the lines samething that isn't there... For once :!:

ETA - In fact Nes you have made a very good point there, and I will be taking it up on my own website, thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  12. dogloverr

dogloverr

Name:
    mark
    i think its best saying they are a type after all ive read. same as huskamutes. a huskamute to a huskamute. now after a few generations would that be a breed or a type?
    i think NI are much like alaskan huskys. a type.
  13. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    So what do you think makes a breed then Nes?
  14. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I agree, they are a type not a breed :grin:
  15. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I know what makes a breed. What do you think makes a breed:?:
  16. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    You should'nt answer a question with a question, and then expect an answer without yourself answering the original question, so what do you think makes a breed Nes :?:
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Let me see.....

'....Northern Inuits are registered with the NI Society and we have a database where we have more detailed records and information than the KC requires. I am in constant communication with the KC and it WILL only be a matter of time before we are recognised. There is a distinct type now and the approved breeders are only breeding from the very best and from this year ALL breeding stock will have to be health checked and conform to certain criteria before being allowed to be bred from..... '

....'The breed was started over 18 years ago, when the original dogs were a mix of Inuit type dogs, Sibes and Mals with GSD put in to make them trainable. For many many years now there has been a sufficiently large genepool to allow NI to be bred stictly to NI - in fact we do not allow the crossing of NI with any other breed of dog. They are not the same as Utonagans, although the early Utes were NIs - the Utes added collie, akita, belgian shepherd and other breeds and what they have now is different in appearance and behaviour to a NI - they are very nice dogs but definitely NOT the same as a NI....'

'......the difference between a Northern Inuit and a British Inuit is that the British Inuits are bred by people who were expelled from the Northern Inuit Society for bad breeding practices and duping people. They were crossing NI with GSD and Czech Wolfdogs and selling them as NI with falsified paperwork......'

.....We can't stop them crossing their dogs but we can stop them selling them as NI......'

2006 , the then CP of the NIS.
  18. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi WW
    Thanks for answering, i commend your belief in your society and wish you well. With respect to you i find it very difficult to believe as you do as i believe there is a lot of falsified paperwork in the NIS but hey if we all believed the same what a dull world this would be.
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Marie,

Some of us work for a living (rather than exploiting dogs for an income), hence not being able to be here at your beck and call!!!

Liz , the then chairperson of the NIS was SC.
  20. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi WW
    I dont go back as far with any of this as you do but it would seem to me that it does not take a rocket scientist to work out there were problems back then and there are problems now, covered up back then, covered up now by some members and some trying to bring it into the open.

Its like an episode of shameless.
  21. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    You STILL have not answered the question put to YOU, you have quoted what someone else may or may not have said 3yrs ago :roll:

Shall we try it again... What do YOU think makes a breed Nes:?: :?: