addison's Questions

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by Angus00, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Angus00

Angus00 New Member

Name:
    Gilbert Misson
    CaroleC likes this.

addison's

Hi. It's has been a while since I was on here, & I thought I had better get in touch.I had a radiation treatment which slowed me down a bit, I am getting on top of that now. Delta is doing fine, except we have noticed that when we worm her she gets quite unwell & I have to up her medication to 5mg. for about a week then slowly take her back down to 1mg. which is what I have just done. This has happened for the last two years so I don't think it is just a coincident, my wife writes everything down that happens to Delta & this has happened after we have wormed her for the last two years in a row. She get's very lethargic & goes of her food & diarrhea, not a well little dog for about a week, doesen't even want to go for a walk which she loves to do. has anyone had any experince whith their dog with addisons & worm medication.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I'd ask your vet. They know your dog best and can give you specific information for her rather than opinions on a forum.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm glad to hear that Delta is still coping well on her medication, and that you are starting to feel better too. I've been down the RT and chemo route myself and it does feel a bit of a marathon!
    This effect does seem to be too regular to be coincidence. I wonder whether your vet might be able to suggest trying a different product when Delta's next worming dose is due? I don't know which types of worm can affect dogs in Tasmania, so I wouldn't like to offer any suggestions.
  5. Angus00

Angus00 New Member

Name:
    Gilbert Misson
    Helidale likes this.
    Hi, I am a bit slow getting back to you, I am quite a bit slower than I used to be, I had Delta to the vet last week to have her theeth cleaned, they came up ok. We are going to try a different worm medication & give it to her over a few days & see if that helps.Thank for your advice it is much appreciated
  6. Helidale

Helidale Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thanks Gilbert.
    (This is CaroleC's alter ego).