Advice needed Photos

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by akoshi, Aug 4, 2008.

1. akoshi

akoshi New Member

Name:
    jess

Advice needed

Well i changed Lunas food instead of pedigree mixer and pedigree meat because it just wasnt healthy for Luna to have, well here are a few photos i know weird and everything. Hope the food is of an satisfactory level.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I don`t get what`s healthy about `animal derivatives`, protein `extracts` and colourings and preservatives. I also note the list of ingredients doesn`t name the meat , or say which part of the animal they came from. If you`re going for `healthy` ask yourself if you`d eat animal derivatives` without knowing what they were. It could be - in the immortal decription of a Big Mac `made of Lips and a**holes`. Because a petfood manufacturer says it`s healthy doesn`t mean it is!
    Try looking on the Burns or Arden Grange websites and compare the information given.
    eta: have googled - there`s a German report which doesn`t recommend it. I see it`s a Lidl product. It doesn`t seem to be widely known. This is the link to the german test site. http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...&ct=result&prev=/search?q=bellosan&hl=en&sa=G
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2008
  4. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    It looks full of colourings and also a high propertion of ASH, I would try and find a food with either way more specific ingredients or less ingredients.

Out of choice if I fed dry I would feed Burns or Wafcol or if cost was a factor - CSJ.

I prefer to feed raw though as that way I know exactly what I am feeding.
  5. AliceandDogs

AliceandDogs New Member

Name:
    Alice
    CSJ feeder here, have fed Burns in the past which is also really good but switched to CSJ as I think money is tight for everyone and it's now costing me £8 a month to feed two dogs, and they look just as good on it.
  6. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    What is CSJ please??!!
  7. akoshi

akoshi New Member

Name:
    jess
    oh thanks very much for all your advice as i needed it alot lol thank you all so much
  8. akoshi

akoshi New Member

Name:
    jess
  9. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    It certainly looks better - the ingredients are listed as
    Rice, Turkey Meat Meal, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Linseed, Sugar Beet Pulp, Refined Poultry Oil, Low Allergen Poultry Digest As Gravy, Alfalfa, Natural Seaweed, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Methionine, Marigold Extract, Yucca Extract, Rosemary Extract. Contains Tocopherol Rich Extracts Of Natural Origin Vitamin E and Vitamin C As EC Permitted Antioxidant, No Added Colourants, Flavourings Or Preservatives

The largest ingredient is listed first, so it`s mostly rice, which most dogs will tolerate IMO. The meat is named. Although the turkey is `meal` which I assume is low-grade and includes things you wouldn`t normally feed, it doesn`t have any added colourings etc. which can cause problems. I don`t have experience of this one but it does seem OK to me.
  10. akoshi

akoshi New Member

Name:
    jess
    ok thanks for your advice i have boight it for luna and im going to start her on it tommorrow but gradually do it
  11. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    hi akoshi

I have fed wainwrights to my staffie and it seems fine - although makes him quite farty !! but then many things do !!lol

Its definetly a better option than the lidl one as it did have lots of colourings.

I was feeding Burns and a mix of wet nature diet( also excellent food) however burns was hitting my pocket a little and I discovered this one - Harringtons in Tesco for £1.96 which is an excellent price compared to burns and it nothing nasty in it.

http://www.harringtonsdogfood.co.uk/lamb-ingredients.aspx

believe you can also get in Asda. I feed it mixed with naturediet though so although its a complete I give a handful mixed with half packet of naturediet for my 24 kg staffie to give you a guide.

Worth a thought if you dont think the wainwrights is any good.

cheers
    dani
  12. akoshi

akoshi New Member

Name:
    jess
    thats really interesting i didnt think about going to tesco well i would deffernatly going to buy that as a back up plan lol thanks for the great advice