Aggression General Chat

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Margo8478, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Margo8478

Margo8478 New Member

Name:
    Margo8478
    Thank you for those suggestions!
    I’ll try some of those.
    I think the trick will be leaving the other dogs inside so he is more focused on me and having fun. I think the other dogs distract him when I throw the ball.

I wish I had some hiking trails I could take him too, I do have some in my area or even drivable however at this time they are all over grown with foxtails so I have been avoiding that.

Our evaluation with Max and Joey is tomorrow. This trainer does sessions at home as well so I will talk with him about that. Max’s issues are not as dire as Joeys aggression. Hopefully I can have a happy pack once again after some hard work and professional training!

Thanks again!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    How did it go with the trainer?
  4. Margo8478

Margo8478 New Member

Name:
    Margo8478
    It went very well! I had all the dogs separated out of sight, just had Joey(aggressive one) on a leash with me as requested. We sat and talked for a while, told him my concerns about Joey and my concerns about Max. He did an assement of Joey and he feels very optimistic about his training and we will he doing in home training sessions.

He then had me put Joey away and asked me to bring in Max. Oh boy! He came in like a wrecking ball even though he was on a leash. He did Max’s assessment. Max definitely is anxious/nervous energy dog that doesn’t help with the Joey situation. With all the many issues I am having with Max we talked at length and decided Max will go with him July 1st for training, he will come to my house once a week with Max to do training sessions with both Joey, Max and me as well.

I trust this trainer, I know him from work, and he loves the breed and has one himself, so he’s very knowledgeable in this area with Max.

I’m feeling very hopeful. After I took Max to the Vet the other day, I realized how bad he is, and he needs training that is out of my league as of now. This way I can focus on Joey at home while the trainer has Max who turns out has the more serious issues.

I know some may not agree with Max going with the trainer for the training but I really feel it’s best for Max in the long run.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Margo8478 likes this.
    I hope it all works out for you, Joey, and Max.