AKC R gistration Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Tann, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann

AKC R gistration

I recently purchased 2 GSP puppies from Heritage GSP Kennel in Alvarado, TX. Has anyone here purchased from them?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Most people here are in the UK so probably not. Are they AKC registered.
  4. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    The litter is & they are eligible to be, but the breeder won’t let us fully register them so there’s no possibility of showing them in a confirmation class.
  5. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    He is to ignorant to know that it would only boost the reputation of his kennel.
  6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    They are limited registration?
  7. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    Yes
  8. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    When I asked about this twice, I was told if they were trained ( in hindsight I can see that he meant by him at $1k a month, but never directly said that), that he would consider it.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Did the breeder inform you of this before he let you buy the puppies without mentioning that they were sold under limited registration?

Or did he charge you the full price, hoping that you would not query any charge for training?
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    A good breeder will endorse to protect the puppy and to protect there breeding, buyers' sign a contract to say they understand the endorsements and accept them, the breeder will usually state in the sales agreement under what terms they will be lifted, ( if any) ie: the pup turns out to be a good example of the breed, health tests done ect.
  11. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    Thank you for your reply. I did sign a contract that said they had a blocked breeding rights UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED AND SPECIFIED ONLY BY HIS KENNEL. I did verbally ask about this being lifted & was told if the dog was “trained.” Therein lies the subjective part.

We are not or never have been interested in raising a litter of puppies. Have been there & done that and successfully raised a champion walking gun dog & a shoot to receive champion. You might want to look him up - Madison’s Boudreaux.

I feel like this breeder is a good used car salesman.( no offense to used car salesmen.)
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    In the UK only two KC endorsements are permitted:
    R. Progeny not eligible for registration.
    X. Not eligible for the issue of an export pedigree.
    Either of these can be lifted on application from the breeder, usually dependant on particular circumstance, or when favourable health test results have been obtained.
    I am pleased that @Bulldogs4Life has contributed to the thread as the AKC could have different rules, but over here if you buy a registered dog, (and it has been transferred into your name), nobody can prevent you from showing it.
    You seem to have been caught out by signing what now seems to be an unfair contract. Can a breeder/trainer really insist that the dogs have to be expensively trained by them before they can appear in a show ring? It seems that there are two ways of handling this. One is to make a lot of noise within the breed, and be prepared to have to contest the validity of this contract in Court. The second is to actually get this fellow on your side. Showing is a discipline which, (compared to trials), takes very little formal training. Might it be worth a friendly call, and paying him for a couple of one-to-one ringcraft lessons? If he sees that you have a dog which will enhance his reputation, he could well see the advantage of having it appear in public. Given that showing is a very sociable sport, the latter approach might be better if you can work it.
  13. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    Thank you for your reply. We are trying but so far he’s not interested in promoting his kennel positively & has absolutely no knowledge of showing for conformation. GSP’s are SO much more than just hunting dogs!
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  15. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
  16. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    “Booty” came from Kwayl Kennels.
  17. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    The trouble in the U.S. is that unless a dog is fully registered, they cannot compete in a confirmation show ring. Dogs are only able to compete in handling & agility on a a limited registration.
  18. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Sorry put the link on wrong thread.

Did you ask for show potential puppies?
  19. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    He was asked. His answer was the same.
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This chap's F'book page reads as if he has quite a light attitude, but on his web site he does come over as a more controlling character. I'm sorry we are not much help to you. I hope this conflict doesn't taint the relationship you have with the two puppies.
  21. Tann

Tann New Member

Name:
    Tann
    Heavens no! Mine is already spoiled rotten and a member of my family & I want her to be an agility dog. Her litter mate is the one that they want to show in the ring.