American bulldog or presa canario General Chat

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by dardar, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Johnno

Johnno New Member

Hiya dardar, i own 2 presa's and have owned 2 Johnson AB's in the past. I love both breeds. Presa's tend to be a bit more aloof than AB's, and most tend to be very dominant, requiring a firm but knowledgable hand. My 2 live outside as we are lucky enough to have the space for kennels, and only really come inside when i'm there as my mrs finds them a bit too much of a handful. they are good with my children (13, 8 and 2years) but can be a bit arrogant/boistrous round them but never aggressive.

They are very loyal and fiercly territoral, but if you want a dog to be more family orientaited, i dont think you could go wrong with a good, well bred AB. I'd say AB's are a bit more aimiable, easier to train, and id probably say have a bit more of a stable temperment on the breed as a whole IMO.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dardar

dardar New Member

Name:
    darren
    thanks very much for the info johnno
  4. Johnno

Johnno New Member

Hi Darren, heres my 2 presa's, the fawn 1 is called jonza, he's 5years old. he's about 24-25 inch to withers. Weighs about 115lbs. i got him from topdrive kennels as a pup. (anyone know what happened to topdrive btw?). Hes from spanish mainland lines (barnacan bull/casa del presa). The reverse brindle is my female, she is called Yoshii (thats what you get for lettin the kids pick the names!), she's 11 months old. She is from Curto/spanish mainland lines. Shes about the same height, weighs about 85-90lbs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    hope you like em
    cheers
    jon
  5. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Cracking presa's...there both stunning dogs!!!

People have asked me if my boy is a presa before, I dont think he looks nothing like one, think its just a colour thing!:lol:
    Great dogs though:grin:
  6. Johnno

Johnno New Member

Hi hades, you got any pics of him?
  7. dardar

dardar New Member

Name:
    darren
    the 2 of them are lovely,but i like bitch's and she is stunning. 11 months? what will she be like in another year.?
  8. Johnno

Johnno New Member

I know, she's quite a big girl. I dont think she will get much taller, just fill out. Presa's grow very slowly, dont finish till about 2 1/2-3yrs old.
  9. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    These are all ones of him when hes abit younger but there only ones I have on photobucket at the moment.
    A fair amount of people have asked if he is a presa, I dont see it myself.
    He is acutally a standard american bulldog x brindle staffy.

5 months old
    [​IMG]

11 months old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He is a great dog we all love him to bits..hope you like.
  10. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    He is gorgeous and I think you can definitely see the staff in him :)
  11. Johnno

Johnno New Member

I can see what they mean on the younger picture. I'd say it's the colouring, some lines of presa have white blaze on chest, and white paws/socks. He's a nice boy tho!
  12. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Thanks,
    His mum is a staffy and dad and american bulldog,
    I think he starting to look more ambulldog know hes staring to fill out and his head is gettting bigger.:grin:
    Can defo still see staffy in him to though except hes about 2 times the size!!!:lol:
    I;ll have to upload some new pics soon.

I thought that to, its the brindle ...thats about it.
    Hes changed alot now from those pics as hes nearly 2 now so hes filled out alot and his head is massive, he looks all grown up.
    He is an altogeher fantastic dog, all the kids and oldies love him round here!!!:mrgreen: