American Bullies Photos

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Kitkat_, Oct 20, 2013.

1. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    Adjecyca likes this.
    True, sadly there are many backyard breeders around here. In the surrounding urban areas an unaltered male bull breed can be worth a lot of money. I have guys stop me sometimes asking if he's for sale...before they see his business end and realize he's not a breeder anymore.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Adjecyca

Adjecyca New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    6 JRTS,Well for one i KNOW for a fact that those dogs are NOT fighting dogs, people would be silly for using american bullies for fighting dogs since one of the reasons they were created was to breed out dog aggression which is common in the American Pit bull terrier, I have a 'beefed up dog' because of his genetics AND he likes to exercise, what is wrong with that. 2 of the American bullies posted belongs to friends of mine, the dogs are completely health tested through OFA and Pennhip,NOT on steroids and NOT fighting dogs :(
  4. Adjecyca

Adjecyca New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    I agree with you 110% there are A LOT of bad breeders, and i have encountered the same kind of people with my boy but it is wrong to paint everyone with the same brush.. and i thought the accusations on the first page about the dogs being on steroids were uncalled for as i PERSONALLY know two of the dogs are not, and most likely the others are not either.. if one does not like the look whatever, but it is also harsh to call such (in my opinion beautiful dogs) gross :(
  5. Adjecyca

Adjecyca New Member

Name:
    Ashley
    Another picture of my BEAUTIFUL boy just cause :) [​IMG]
  6. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    I realize your guy is a healthy weight...I gotta start getting Callie out more, he's gotten a belly during the cold months. Interesting to consider that American Bulls weren't bred for fighting. I know that from reading different histories of the breed. It also could be another reason why so many end up abandoned around here.

You have these brainless twits who think they'll make money staging a dog fight and one or both of the AmBulls ain't got game. Then somebody thinks they hear a siren and the dogs are left there. I reported a sign I saw at a local store one day "Red Nose puppies, sporting or pets"...sporting indeed.

I can imagine if they tried to make Callie fight. He'd ignore the other dogs and turn himself on the audience...he could make people run...;)
    Sigh, sometimes you have to laugh or you cry:(
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Pit Bulls haven't changed that much since then. If at all. There will always be variance but they areally not a breed that's undergone change. I was actually in a discussion about maintaining a breed in show ring breeding (as a lot of show ring dog breeds change) and used example of the APBT staying relatively the same even with conformation shows.

I'm really starting to question the things you say. You knew Am Bullies in the 60s/70s......that's interesting since they were not created until the 90s. The foundation dogs were not even born for 2-3 decades.

I'm not sure what "pit bulls" you had in the 60s/70s that were untoned & knew the perimeter of your yard to never leave but they seem to be something different from today's Pits & those of their own time period.

Pit Bulls have muscle due to genetics. Diet & exercise can play a role too. If they are not overfed they will be fit animals. How much muscle they have from there will depend on their genes and exercise. Some Pits don't exercise much but are lean with great muscle tone, others exercise daily to get the same type of tone. Not steroid use.
    I don't much care for Am Bullies but if they are properly bred & kept responsibility I think that is a win. Dogs don't get a choice in their creation. People shouldn't breed the defective dogs.

[​IMG]
    This is my dog as a PUPPY, not on steroids or worked and she already has budding muscles.

Comparing dogs of 60s/70s to today's dogs looks similar to me

[​IMG]
    The 2nd & 3rd are both modern dogs

[​IMG]
    The dog in the right hand corner is a modern dog