American Bully Photos

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Kitkat_, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Azz likes this.
    He is stunning! In excellentshape too. It's great to see a bully with a better build & not grossly over weight.

I'm glad your responsible & keep him properly contained. Looks like a very active bully too.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Cable run is chew proof, absolutely untrue. Jade, our GSD/PITTY mix chewed straight through one.
  4. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    It's funny how I can look at the pictures with the open mouth and see what non-Bully people fear. If it's your dog though of course it's cute...Callie can yawn in my face and it's adorable "Oh Grandma what big teeth you have!"
  5. Honey5

Honey5 New Member

Name:
    Honey
    Yeah, I don't trust the cables!! One of our pit mixes took off after a rabbit, the cable just snapped in half! We have the highest fence our village code allows but if she sees a rabbit/squirrel, she jumps right over, so we resorted to the cable when we couldn't be in the yard with her. Massive failure. It was the heaviest cable available :(
  6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Lol, most cables are not sufficient.

You need heavy duty stuff. I've seen some great cable runs but they are not cheap.
  7. Honey5

Honey5 New Member

Name:
    Honey
    It was 1700# break strength (is that normally enough?). Clear vinyl coated so no rust. I guess it's possible it was defective or developed a weak spot.
  8. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I don't know. I don't mess with cable. Had a friend who did some nice cable runs though. I did look into doing it and at home Depot they had cable over 2500# limit. I prefer chain. 3/8 proof chain works fine and also has over 2500# limit.
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Chaining dogs is not legal here. They kept breaking and dogs kept escaping, or the dog would come out of his collar etc. Ages ago when I was little, they were legal and my parents used them on a few dogs. The extremely strong ones were too heavy on the dogs, it was pretty much cruel. The light ones snapped.

After chaining was banned, we tried the cable thingy, which she chewed through. We then had to have a pen thingy built for her. She was never able to escape from there. It had cement around the base and cost a lot to build.

She eventually became a house dog, too. We have long since grown into house dogs and will never keep another outdoor dog but frankly the tether methods have some huge gaps here.
  10. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    A good chain set up is easy but a lot of people don't know how to properly do one. Hence the problems with escapees.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Also, the chainers were usually "pit bull" owners. Bully breeds of some type, and some APBT, too. The percentage was 95 or higher actually, as around here people acted like there are no other breeds. Just put bulls, everyone had one... even I had mixes of them and fostered an APBT.

It's quite a bit better now, with quite a few people beginning to own little Yorkies etc. There are some GSDs and American Bullies have really taken off here, too. American Bullies, ideally have had tons of the aggression and athleticism bred out of them and they cause no problems here. Stumpy blue things often seen lumbering beside their owners on walks.

I have the only Labrador type in a ten mile radius, however. So when the dogs would get loose, they'd usually cause BIG trouble such as attacking wildlife, cats, each other, the occasional other breed of dog, people, etc.

The bans weren't because of escapees, they were because the escapees were dealing some serious damage. Had the dogs not caused problems when they escaped, there wouldn't have been bans. But with pit bulls kept chained all the time and not given attention etc, what do you expect when they get loose?

I expect some serious butt whipping to be done by said pit bulls, which is what happened. Kinda glad they began enforcing those. People here don't seem to want pit bulls nearly as much if they can't chain them, pathetic.
  12. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    mjfromga likes this.
    It is possible for them to cause damage. As they obviously did. I understand what you are saying about the dogs & owners. The same can happen though even if they are not kept chained.

My point was a proper chain set up the dog wouldn't escape.

Where I lived before neighbors Pit got loose on several occasions but no mayhem or anything thankfully. Of course if it would have that'd have made serious waves. They kept buying those crappy walmart dog chains. SMH. Luckily most people around here like Pits or at least are neutral. There are certainly irresponsible owners though. It used to be a lot more owners so as you'd guess higher rate of irresponsible ones. It's just lucky that none ever caused serious problems.