Another fire 25 dogs dead General Chat

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by GsdSlave, Sep 21, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Azz likes this.
    UPDATE
    The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the kitchen of his parents' wooden bungalow.
    A spokesman for Humberside Police said there was 'absolutely nothing suspicious' about the tragic incident.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mal-worshiping-couple-left-pet-travelled.html

Was there no fire alarms?? as the son lived on the property it could have been a saviour !! Even if they were at home at the speed the fire took hold, I wonder if they could have got all the dogs out in time as they were in ‘Locked Cages’
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @leadstaffs - Chris, please do not misunderstand me. No way do I think that either Amanda or Steve Hart had anything to do with that terrible fire.

I just do not understand why they did not have any insurance, especially in a wooden house and wooden kennels with no fire alarm.

That is all.
  4. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Sounds like it was a terrible coincidence - poor dogs :(
  6. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    The insurance I don't know the reason. People have sent me links to prove it can be got. That maybe the case now in adverts but the cost like some houses here near rivers may have been prohibitive I don't know.

None was at home so fire alarms and smoke detectors would have made no difference and the owner was gone to Tesco and was away 20 mins.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Bit confusing as there are conflicting articles as to where the son was.
    In one article it says that Their son was in the garden when he saw blaze rip through house !
    , in another he was shopping with them !
    and another stating The couple's son was watching television in a caravan next to the house when the electricity switched off. Ryan Hart, 28, didn't know what had caused the outage until he cast his gaze to the house which was becoming enveloped by flames.

Last one being why I mentioned fire alarms .
  8. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    There are lots of things that keep changing in the papers.

I under stand the son lives in a caravan on the land so he was on site but not in the house. He tried to rescue the dogs but couldn't. The father was at Tesco
  9. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    swimdog likes this.
    How very very sad. I hope some of the suspicion will now die away quickly, and they are able to try and rebuild their lives in peace.