Any British Inuit Owners Here Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Efes123, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Does that make him a Nidbid? :grin:
    My wife calls him a British nitwit is is sometimes very appropriate:lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    You have one stunning boy there xxx
  4. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Thing is if the Bi are still crossing as believe they need to then you will have a far healthy dog than all the others that are so in bred so I see it as a really postive thing.
  5. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: CLASS :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:
  6. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Got the following back from the BIDC, pretty impressed with the speed of response.

Daytona Ice Warrior is the G sire of his Dam, and it must be back to his GGG sire stage at least.

I like the way they will not breed without the appropriate health checks.
  7. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    I think they do both, according to their website, along with Czechoslovakians, or should that now be simply Czech?, and labradoodles. They must be a busy lot.
  8. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Hmmmmm I am never keen on kennels who do multiple breeds..screams money making to me
  9. lotsforus

lotsforus New Member

Name:
    Kathryn
    I have a dog from Shoshone but he is a full NI.
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But how do you know???

Just because thats what is written down doesn't mean its true
  11. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Got to agree with Loiuse the peds arent worth the paper they are written on, only belive parentage if I was there at conception.
  12. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a
    Would you two say the same of ALL breeds I wonder?

You have just answered your own questions as to why you don't get the answers you are looking for here. You wouldn't believe them if you were given them - so what's the point in anyone even trying to answer?

:lol: :lol: :lol: You trip yourselves up so much anyone would think your shoes were three feet long. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Yes I wouldnt take any pedigree as set in stone as I believe most breeders incentive is cold hard cash which is sad for the good genuine breeders out there.
    I do believe more so with the NIs that intense in breeding and other breeds are brought secretly in where as in predigrees probably more in breeding.
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    YES YES YES..I would....

BUT the point is this breeder has a few similar breeds and the parents could be anything..I do not like breeders who breed various different breeds of dog..and I will not take a pup from someone who has more than one litter on the ground either....

Trip myself up with what? exactly?
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Personally Id have to question the BI. its just the NI with a bit of something else! ;) I find it strange that on the Shoshone website, a dog is advertised as being rehomed as a pet, yet is on another site advertised as a stud dog!
  16. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

how on earth can someone cope with more than one litter at a time :shock: :? I can barely cope with one every few years. I must be doing somit wrong,
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Hmm in Malamutes some breeders have 2 litters on the ground at the same time..

I am a naturally suspicious person and would always be wondering if the pup I had was really from the parents I thought it was..(DNA testing of course would rule that out)..

But from people who have a few breeds similar (BI and NI) the dog could be a cross of either.. and the doodles and czechs must be money making machines
  18. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I think DNA is imperative as it very clear CWD and saarloss are being added to keep the wolfie looks
  19. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Interesting you should say that because that is what happened to me. I have had my dog DNA profiled but unfortunately the parents are not available to be profiled - the dam has had her breed name changed and is, apparently, no longer a Utonagan. :? :roll:
  20. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    This might be taking it to an extreme. How do you know they wont slip something else in the litter, you'd have to be there at the birth as well?

I must admit, with the BI being a breed still in 'creation' does it really matter what breeds with what as long as the parents are healthy, and the result is working towards a breed standard? To be honest I can't see what Shoshone would have to gain by lying about BI's
  21. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    That's the point of the BI I believe. They thought the gene pool too small for the NI's and decided to throw some other breeds into the mix. To be honest you'd have trouble telling a BI and an NI apart, mine seems to look pretty much like a standard NI.