Any British Inuit Owners Here Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Efes123, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think there is a bit of CWD in them.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Glad its not just me LOL

How can the dams name have been changed?? and if she is no longer a Ute what is she??
  4. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

One of those we don't mention on this forum. The breeder started a new breed and changed the name of some of her dogs to the new breed name.
  5. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Oh right... so its as easy as that then?

Well this week I have Amalaskan Naughtymutes
  6. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Indeed!!! :lol:
  7. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Its beyond me how a dog can change breed?
  8. Heidi1

Heidi1 New Member

Name:
    Jill
    For Efes - a photo of our boy

[​IMG]

Yours looks like a full NI to me.
  9. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Oh great stuff, at last vinnie can be a

Grottyweiler
  10. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well today I have a British Muddymute and a Latvian Malasmell
  11. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: cant wait to hear what there gona be tomorow :005: :005: :005: :005:
  12. KateM

KateM New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I feel less unusual now that mine are known as Slightly Vilehounds on occasion!
  13. lotsforus

lotsforus New Member

Name:
    Kathryn
    The reason I believe Is I asked his breeeder and the NIS about his parentage after buying him and then finding this site and reading all the kerfuffles surounding the breeds.

His breeder would have told me she is the sort of person that says what she thinks. After reading on here I then went to the NIS to ask them, why would they want to lie and tell me he is NI when he is not?
  14. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    DNA wouldn't prove anything there is no way to DNA test wolf content. All it would prove would be dam and sire but if you dont trust the breeder or the ped in the first place this wouldn't really get you anywhere . . .
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I'm confused..what is this in answer to?
  16. zero

zero New Member

In anycase by the time any content from the Czw or Saarloos [which are breeds of dog and not hybrids] has been mixed in I imagine it is a fairly weak influence to be honest.

The biggest thing to look out for would simply be - how do the NI and Czw and Saarloos temprement compliment one another or NOT - they may just not go [regardless of any wolf blood] I'm quite interested in hearing from people with this mix as to what their dogs character is. I have heard from people who don't own them but it would be nice to hear from people who have actual experience. I'm quite interested in what their temperament is like - how different it is or isn't from that of the NI.
  17. zero

zero New Member

It wouldn't prove wolf content but it would profile the breeds in the mix I think. And obviously if it shows Czw and or Saarloos are in there then they know there is the wolf content from those - I believe it's at around 30% for a Czw. It will always stay at 30% in pure Csw's because that's what it was at when they stopped crossing. Obviously when mixed into NI it will decrease again. But I think it's unnecessary to be honest [they are a breed of dog going back 50yrs - not hybrids]
  18. zero

zero New Member

If I didn't know different I would have guessed he was B.I - because his face markings and shape of his head - only subtle differences though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  19. ElaiRs

ElaiRs New Member

DNA testing for wolf content is now being used in the States. I've sent you a link via pm :grin:
  20. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Thanks for that! I was reading an article the other day about a Native american dog that was taken as it was reported she was a wolf hybrid. They had to give her back as there was no way to test for wolf DNA content . . . This was upstate from boston i think.
  21. lotsforus

lotsforus New Member

Name:
    Kathryn
    Hope that works sorry not very good at the quoting only just worked out how to do it.