Any British Inuit Owners Here Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Efes123, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    What a stunner, I'm sure he does you proud
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Did anyone watch that Martin Clunes program the other night, I found it very interesting. He was saying that genetically ALL dogs are 99% wolf.
  4. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    I have had a very interesting reply from the British Inuit Dog Club re my boy and his lineage. Apparently all his sires & dams were NI's but then re-registered as BI's when the breeders split away from the NI club. Does this give him dual nationality, what should I put on his passport? Maybe I'll just stick with: "what breed is your dog?" "He's a Nidbid!"
  5. red collar

red collar New Member

Name:
    red collar

Table B in this link compares breeds with wolf content, and each breed is broken down into 4 individual results for individual dogs, so I think it's is possible to do this sort of test
    http://www.britainhill.com/GeneticStructure.pdf

if I've read it correctly a saluki has more wolf content than a GSD :shock: - at least in the factor that was measured in this case.
  6. lotsforus

lotsforus New Member

Name:
    Kathryn

Thats the same as my dog but I call him a NI as thats what he is.
  7. Dragan

Dragan New Member

Name:
    Dragan
    i have one of these mixes. my dog is only 4 month old and sofar i can say she is the most laid back puppy i ever had!! she gets on with every dog we meet( even the ones who don't like her and snap or bite! she still would go to them and greet them!!)
    we meet up with around 10 dogs every evening and there is nothing i have to worry about.
    we now got another rescue dog ( lurcherx collie) and they both get on really well.
    i don't know yet how she will be when she gets older ..but you never get a guarantee.

Dragan
  8. zero

zero New Member

She sounds beautiful :D does she have a Czw or Saarloos mix with the NI?
  9. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Apparently the problems start in adulthood at approx 2 years old. I do hope it won`t be the case with your pup.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  10. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    I can't seem to find the post about czeck crosses being sold to anyone. I have a statement from the BIDC stating that this is only done with the purchasers knowledge and supplied with full papers.