Any fellow Tibetan Mastiff owners on here? Photos

Discussion in 'Tibetan Mastiff' started by DoKhyi, Sep 6, 2011.

1. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi

Any fellow Tibetan Mastiff owners on here?

Hi everone and especially for Murf. I thought I'd introduce my favourite breed in the whole world. I first saw this breed on Blue Peter back in the mid 80s and from that point on, they are the only breed I've yearned to own. It only took 20 years, some coincidences falling into place and a very good friend buying him for me. I think I needed that 2 decades to read up, prepare and get experience with other dogs as they are not the easiest of breeds. No wonder the Tibetans say these are Buddha's dog and descended from the mythical snow lion. I swear they are put on this earth to teach you patience and understanding. :lol:

Here's my Tibetan Mastiff, Flynn. He's coming up for 7 years old, probably thinks he's a shar-pei due to spending most of his life with one as a sidekick and 90% of people that meet him seem to be in his fan club. He's very patient of his adoring public. Not that he's a pushover as he knows a wrong 'un when he meets one and will make it known what he thinks. Most people think he's so well behaved and placid. Little do they know he's a canine wrecking ball and has a litany of destruction behind him that started 20 minutes after he got home as a baby, dug a 2 foot deep hole in my rockery and brought all the conifers planted in it into the house.

Innocent baby on his favourite chair...
    [​IMG]

Chair now too small
    [​IMG]

Summer down to his vest and pants
    [​IMG]

In his winter finery
    [​IMG]

Any other TM owners on here?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    I don't own one but just wanted to say your dog is stunning, absolutely stunning. I didn't know anything about this breed until I happened to meet one. Magnificent dogs.

More pics of your lad please :mrgreen:
  4. WhichPets

WhichPets New Member

Name:
    WhichPets
    He is stunning! I have only met the ones at Crufts and I was lucky enough to meet one out on a walk a couple of weeks ago - she was beautiful and very patient being stroked and cooed at by me ;)
  5. kita

kita New Member

Name:
    Sue

I want/need a friend like that!!!

I have been a fan of this breed for about as long as you, I was a member of their breed club years ago and very nearly bought one, but then I ended up getting my Anatolian and figured it was not a good idea to have both.

I do love the breed though and would love to own one.

They are pretty rare in this country though - do you show/breed yours?

Sue
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Thank you ...
    One day i will own one ..
    In 20years maybe ..lol
  7. Kiing

Kiing New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Wow, beautiful dog!

Tibetan Mastiffs are my dream breed - I hope to own one someday... :)
  8. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    I posted these pics a few weeks back in another thread :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    Strangely enough, Anatolians are another other one of the breeds I had pie in the sky aspirations of owning. Beautiful dogs, but I decided they were just that bit too big and energetic for me to do them justice. I like these primitive breeds that haven't been changed too much - yet! The Americans and Chinese are probably going to ruin TMs very shortly with their want for bigger, heavier type dogs and in the Chinese case, dubious crossbreeding. The mastiff part of the name is not to be taken literally!

Flynn is just a much love pet, though his litter brother and sister who his breeder kept are Ir/Int Champions. His breeder visited a couple of years ago and said "Ohhh, can you not learn to drive so you can sho him?" :lol:
  10. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Hes beautiful!
  11. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    he's huge!