Any GSD lovers in here? General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by gsdfanatic, Oct 16, 2007.

1. gsdfanatic

gsdfanatic New Member

Name:
    Tart

Any GSD lovers in here?

Who else here has or loves GSD's? I am owned by 3 of them and was also brought up with the breed as my mum bred and showed them for many years :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Theres quite a few on here, I only currently own 2.
  4. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel
    Meeeee....

I love Gsds I have had 2 which are sadly no longer with me Sabre who died at just 8 weeks and merlin who went to sleep and never woke at 9 years.

I have Zak now who is 5 1/2 and is a brilliant dog soo clever and funny but has double hip dyspacia and is nervous aggressive but much much better than he used to be

And we are getting our new girl pup end of November she is 2 weeks old today :grin: and will be called Zeita or Spirit cant decide

i think they are a great breed and love their character i wouldn't have any other breed other than may be a northern inuit

Mel and Zak x
  5. gsdfanatic

gsdfanatic New Member

Name:
    Tart
    Pic's of my babies can be seen here

Url edit: Please note we do not allow link dropping, however you may add it to your profile.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  6. GSD-Sue

GSD-Sue New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Here's another GSD fan, have had GSD's since 1951 & started showing & breeding in 1953. Still have 2 dogs though I no longer breed, as I am disabled& could no longer cope.
  7. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    nope but i love the breed- so elegant (if thats the right word) to watch

tan n black long n short coat are my fave colour :grin:
  8. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Yes, i'm owned by two GSD's. A 7 year old long haired male and a 4 year old short haired female.
  9. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    I'm one too, a gsd fanatic that is! I've owned 6 in all, all longcoats, just coz I prefer them. I recently lost a beautiful black and white bitch, who was only 11 1/2 with cancer. All the others lasted to the ripe old age of 16 with my tlc. My current white dog was my first ever rescue and I've had him 3 years now, and I must say, I will rescue again, and it will be a dog again too. Always had bitches before, but there's something special about a "dog" I think? He's the perfect boy, affectionate, soooooo well mannered and well behaved and you can "tell" him what to do, whereas my previous bitches you always had to "ask" if you catch my drift!!!:lol: His only downfall is he goes deaf on me when out sometimes, so he gets put on his lead if I'm quick enough to see it coming that is!!!:roll: A fantastic breed if you know what you're doing with them, not for the fainthearted I'd say, or they'll walk all over you, but softly of course!
  10. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    I always loved the breed and owned them before we got into Rotties.

Even though we don't own one now, they are always a dog that turns my head when I see a nice one, especially the rich gold and black colouration.
  11. Sez & Amber

Sez & Amber New Member

Name:
    Sez
    My first "family" dog was a GSD, when I was very small. Unfortunately, when my parents divorced, my dad had to rehome her as he had to work as well as attending university and just didn't have time for her :cry: .

I now have a GSD cross puppy, but unfortunately she doesn't have the striking tan and black colouring.
    Actually, that's a lie - she is tan and black, but in stripes! :lol: (we think dad was brindled).
  12. Cumbrian Lass

Cumbrian Lass New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Asking that question, is like asking a duck if they like water :lol:

I'm a GSD lover and have 2 as part of our family :grin: We also have 2 GSD crosses.

And for those of you who don't know what a GSD is - well its not some new diploma as my manager thought, but actually stands for German Shepherd Dog ;-)
  13. Hobbit

Hobbit New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    I think they are the greatest dogs. We had a long haired girl, Tsara and she was just the best...I had suffered from a few bouts of meningitus and she was my companion and really helped me to recover. She had to get put down when she was ten as she had the animal equivalent of motor neurone disease....didn't let her suffer long...quality of life and all that.....she got put down 2 days before I got married as she had taken a turn for the worse.....we all still miss her....GSD's are tops!
  14. Jaimon

Jaimon New Member

Name:
    Monica
    Hi.
    Here's yet another devoted GSD lover. Became involved with the breed in 1959 and I'm still with it. Just can't imagine life without a GSD .... or two ... or three .... or ...:roll: !!

Right now I'm enjoying a new litter just 2 weeks old. I just
    love being involved with puppies, watching them develop from squirmy blobs into fully functioning creatures. It's such an exciting time being involved with this and it never ceases to amaze me.

Their mum is an absolutely super mother ... she's an easy whelper and a very efficient milk-bar ... she's pretty laid back about rearing her babies and this will have a big influence on their behaviour once they start to explore, and meet and greet visitors.

I'm a really happy GSD person:grin:
  15. michelle davey

michelle davey New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    Harry is our first GSD but certainly not our last...I was anxious about getting him as I had been attacked by one a few years ago, but he's perfect, well nearly, we are still going through puppyhood at 8 months old!! His nature is remarkable for such a huge dog, he is a gentle giant.
  16. Rookgeordiegirl

Rookgeordiegirl New Member

Name:
    Jeanette
    Got my first GSD in the 60's and have had 6 over the past years. For those of you who are a certain age:grin: and can remember Ch Rossfort Premonition we had a pup of his long brfore he was made up.Dont have one at the mo, just my collies and a pug.

Jeanette
  17. nickyboy

nickyboy

Name:
    nick
    hi after years of badgering my wife - i have got a 12 week old baby girl joined the family this weekend and would love any tips you could give?
  18. nickyboy

nickyboy

Name:
    nick
    shes been with us nearly four weeks now and she is amazing - will post photos soon - as soon as i take one that does her enough justice - shes beautiful
  19. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Cumbrian, I had an arguement with a client recently that gsds and alsatians, according to him, were not the same breed :roll:

I think one will be on the cards for me one day (for now I have 2 gsd or alsatian (!) crosses) when I find a raw feeder breeder, who has healthy lines with no wobbly back ends! (love the breed but feel they are far from healthy at the moment)
  20. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    I owned one as a child called Major , But sadly he got killed on the road as the neighbours kids left the gateopen and he darted out of the garden,
    But i have been around them a lot of my child hood as my dad and uncle worked for a security firm , And had tehm as part of their jobs my dad would often bring them home of an evening in between jobs ,
    My sister also owned two for many years a male called Tip and a female called Sandy , I also owned a gsd/boxer i totally adore the breed and hope to own one again as next to boxers theyre my favorite breed xxdk
  21. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I love gsd's too, my first dog, after moving out of my mum's, was a gsd although I must admit she was a very poor example of the breed but I loved her all the same. Her name was Niena and she devoted herself into being the babysitter of my daughter, who was 2 years old when we first got her. She was very easy to train and walked to a perfect heel, but when we went out with my daughter in her buggy Niena would not walk be my side but by the buggy, and later when my daughter walked with us Niena would walk by her side only, I often gave my daughter the lead when there were no other dog's about. She also saved my from mad man that I had accidentally cut up at a round-a-bout, he had fallowed me into a garage got out of his van and started banning on my car window swearing at me to get out :shock: , Niena was only 10 months old at the time but she told him what for :evil: and he back off and drove away.

Sadly I had to have Niena pts just after her 2nd b-day due to a genetic disorder :-(

I would love to get another one, I know they are not up to standered but I just love the long coats, I'm looking for breeders at the mo but prob won't be getting one till the end of the year. I think its best to meet and get to know the breeder/s a bit before deciding on getting a pup for her/him